Project Page for HL7 Version 2.5.1 Implementation Guide: Electronic Laboratory Reporting to Public Health, Release 2 (US Realm)
Return to [PHER main page - HL7 wiki]
- Project co-sponsors
Create a Release 2 of the HL7 Version 2.5.1 Implementation Guide: Electronic Laboratory Reporting to Public Health, (US Realm).
In addition, this effort will align the ELR IG to the Laboratory Results Interface ( LRI ) IG, but also harmonize LRI wth the ELR .
This project would include the following work products:
- 1) A document: HL7 Version 2.5.1 Implementation Guide: Electronic Laboratory Reporting to Public Health, Release 2 (US Realm).
- 2) Profile to constrain HL7 Version 2.5.1 Implementation Guide: Electronic Laboratory Reporting to Public Health, Release 2 (US Realm)to conform with“Version 2.5.1 Implementation Guide: Laboratory Results Interface for US Realm, Release 1 HL7 Version 2.5.1: ORU^R01 Draft Standard for Trial Use” (LRI DSTU)
- a. The ultimate goal of this activity to create an implementation guide that is harmonized with the OO sponsored S&I LRI, Laboratory Orders Initiative (LOI), and Electronic Directory of Services (eDOS) implementation guides so that all documents can be balloted as Normative Standards at the same time
- 3) Associated message profiles
Specific Features and Functions include:
- 1) IG document
- 2) Message profiles
- a. Implementation profile for base ORU-R01
Name the project facilitators
- Rita Altamore (WA State DOH) Rita.Altamore@DOH.WA.GOV
- Erin Holt (TN State DOH) email@example.com
- Eric Haas (Contractor for APHL) firstname.lastname@example.org
- Riki Merrick (Contractor for APHL) email@example.com
Link to project scope statement
Post your questions or issues on the PHER listServe
- You can post your questions or issues on the PHER ListServe put "ELR R2" in the subject line
View or subscribe to PHER Listserve page
- PSS initially approved by PHER, OO, CGIT, and TSC at Jan WGM undergoing revisions to align with S&I Laboratory guide development.
- IG in Draft stage and under review by PHER, OO, and other interested parties. see link below
- Link to Issues Worksheet: Media:ELR251R2_Issueslist.xlsx
- Link to Draft for Ballot ELR251R2 IG Media:HL7v2.5.1 IG ELR R2 PHER DRAFT FOR COMMENT.docx
- Link to Document that summarizes that changes between ELRR1 ELRR2: Media:ThreeWayCompare.xlsx
- Link to HL70487 to SNOMED CT Cross-mapping table: Media:HL70487toSNOMED_Mapping.xlsx