EHRs FM Profiling Tool
- 1 EHR-S FM Profiling Tool Project
- 2 Project Leaders
- 3 Meeting Information
- 4 Project Documents
- 5 Project Status
- 6 Listserv
EHR-S FM Profiling Tool Project
This project, sponsored by the HL7 Tooling Workgroup and co-sponsored by the EHR Workgroup, will produce a (web-based and/or desktop) tool to create EHR-S FM profiles (starting with the EHR-S FM R2), with enforced profiling rules, and exports as documents, support for and XML interchange format for reuse across profile tool instances or for use in other tools. Additionally, the tool will:
- shall support multiple platforms, Windows, Linux, MacOS.
- be available via OHT.
- There is a defined XML exchange format that is used by at least one other tool (e.g. Import the FM in Enterprise Architect).
This tool will become a tool in the HL7 suite of tools.
This project is targeted for the EHR-S FM R2. However if it is determined that there is enough harmonization with R1.1, there may be support for references to R1.1 to aid in the updating of manually created R1.1 profiles
The current method of creating EHR-S FM profiles, using unstructured tools (spreadsheet, text processor), do not enforce moderately complex rules for creating EHR-S FM profiles leading to a very laborious manual effort that is prone to errors. Furthermore the current methods do not easily provide methods for building on top of, merging, or updating existing profiles. These challenges prove to be significant barriers in the use and adoption of the EHR-S Functional Model.
Project Success Criteria
- Capable of producing fully conformant EHR-S FM profiles, which may be ballotted.
- Supports exportation of profiles as a document, a computable interchange format (XML), a spreadsheet and a hyperlinked html document.
- Supports importation of profiles via the defined interchange format.
- The tool is used in the EHR-S FM Tutorial.
- Supports Functional Models that support the EHR WG specifications (e.g. Personal Health Record System (PHR-S FM) with the same model schema.
- Tooling is supported by the HL7 tooling workgroup as part of the HL7 suite of tools.
Currently Out of Scope
Other related tooling
- Model balloting, balloting, reconciliation, and publishing
- Desc ???
- Links ???
- The project scope statement was approved by the EHR and Tooling Workgroups in November 2011.
Project Plan Draft
This project is slated to follow an iterative development pattern. Below is an initial draft for the first iteration.
- Functional requirement definition
- EHR-S FM Chapter 2 (Conformance rules - Tool business rules)
- Define user experience requirements
- Functional Brainstorm and Survey (define initial release functional requirements
- Existing tool analysis
- Functional Specification
- Technical Specification
Creation of an EHR Tooling list - Helen
Suggestions mechanism - Michael
Invite Profiling SMEs - John
EHR-S FM Chapter 2 -> Link ???
Current Functional List
- Start with source R2
- Include, exclude
- Enforce profiling rules (per Conformance Chapter)
- Add functions and criteria
- Modify functions and criteria
- Maintain original for comparison with modified function/criteria
- Compare to other profiles
- Merge Functions/Criteria from separate Profiles
- Export Sections from Master or working copy
- Show dependencies between functions/criteria
- Show impact of changes
- Undo changes
The EHR-S FM Profiling Tool Project is currently being set up.
To subscribe to a list service, please go to the HL7 Listservices Welcome Page