- 1 EHR Records Management & Evidentiary Support (RM-ES) Project
- 2 Task Group Leaders
- 3 Meeting Information
- 4 Project Activities
- 5 Listserv
EHR Records Management & Evidentiary Support (RM-ES) Project
To return to the >> EHR Work Group Page
NOTE THIS PAGE IS UNDER DEVELOPMENT AND IS NOT READY FOR REVIEW YET - INCLUDES CUT/PASTE INFORMATION FROM OTHER WIKIS STILL Contact firstname.lastname@example.org IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS
Welcome to HL7's EHR Records Management & Evidentiary Support wiki page.
The charge of the RM-ES project team is to provide expertise to the EHR work group, other standards groups and the healthcare industry on records management, compliance, and data/record integrity for, EHR systems and related to EHR governance to support the use of medical records for clinical care and decision-making, business, legal and disclosure purposes. The project team will meet this charge by completing the following:
- Develop, ballot and refine the EHR-S RM-ES Functional Profile.
- First RM-ES Profile developed against EHR-S FM Release 1
- Inform the EHR-S Functional Model and related standards on records management and evidentiary support functions and conformance criteria.
- Monitor and/or collaborate with other standards groups (HL7, ISO, HITSP) as appropriate to provide expertise or to work on joint projects that develop, promote or refine RM-ES requirements for EHRs.
- HL7 other groups such as the Interoperability Model, Structured Documents, Security
- International standards organization such as ISO through EHR-S FM
- Non-HL7 Standards Groups such as HITSP, Canada Health Infoway, etc.
- Advocate for RM-ES issues in the healthcare industry as appropriate.
Task Group Leaders
- Michelle Dougherty
- Phone: 312.233.1914
- email: email@example.com)
- Harry Rhodes
- Phone: 312.233.1119
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Work Group Team Members
The RM-ES project team meets via conference call on a regular basis. The group may schedule a face to face meeting based on need. The RM-ES workgroup will report to the HL7 EHR Workgroup through their regular meetings or at the HL7 meetings.
- Standing Meeting Date/Time: Mondays at 12 Noon EST /11 AM CST/ 10 AM MST/ 9 AM PST
- Full Team: Every other Monday for 90 minutes
- Project teams: Alternate Mondays
- Call Logistics
- Phone Number: 770-657-9270
- Participant Passcode: 510269#
Act/Act Record Language
- Develop language for the EHR-S FM & RM-ES profile that incorporates concept of an Act/Act Record
Metadata Review and Update
- Evaluate the current audit record and metadata language in the EHR-S FM R2 and compare against:
- Interoperability Model & CDA (Reconcile)
- ISO Standards
- Pan-Canadian Standards
- IFR Standards: Record Actions
- IFR & NPRM: Accounting of Disclosures
- HITSP Work Products on Metadata
- Other emerging work as appropriate
Other Gaps from IM/CDA/RM-ES Comparison and IFR Standards/Certification Evaluation
- Identity Management
- Accounting of Disclosure
- HIE Gaps and Health Record Output including Disclosure to Patient
- Locking Records at Encounter Level
- Term “Use”
Evaluate RM-ES R1 Profile into R2 EHR-S FM
- Monitor the EHR-S FM R2 against the RM-ES – what was added from the profile; what did not make it.
The Oncology Functional Profile Listserve is ???@lists.HL7.org. To subscribe to this service, go to the HL7 Listservices Welcome Page