- 1 EHR Records Management & Evidentiary Support (RM-ES) Project
- 2 Task Group Leaders
- 3 Meeting Information
- 4 Project Documents
- 5 RM-ES Standards Projects
- 6 RM-ES Correspondence, Comments and Letters
- 7 Listserv
EHR Records Management & Evidentiary Support (RM-ES) Project
To return to the >> EHR Work Group Page
NOTE THIS PAGE IS UNDER DEVELOPMENT AND IS NOT READY FOR REVIEW YET - INCLUDES CUT/PASTE INFORMATION FROM OTHER WIKIS STILL Contact email@example.com IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS
Welcome to HL7's EHR Records Management & Evidentiary Support wiki page.
The charge of the RM-ES project team is to provide expertise to the EHR work group, other standards groups and the healthcare industry on records management, compliance, and data/record integrity for, EHR systems and related to EHR governance to support the use of medical records for clinical care and decision-making, business, legal and disclosure purposes. The project team will meet this charge by completing the following:
- Develop, ballot and refine the EHR-S RM-ES Functional Profile.
- First RM-ES Profile developed against EHR-S FM Release 1
- Inform the EHR-S Functional Model and related standards on records management and evidentiary support functions and conformance criteria.
- Monitor and/or collaborate with other standards groups (HL7, ISO, HITSP) as appropriate to provide expertise or to work on joint projects that develop, promote or refine RM-ES requirements for EHRs.
- HL7 other groups such as the Interoperability Model, Structured Documents, Security
- International standards organization such as ISO through EHR-S FM
- Non-HL7 Standards Groups such as HITSP, Canada Health Infoway, etc.
- Advocate for RM-ES issues in the healthcare industry as appropriate.
Refer to the RM-ES Project Team Charter for more information.
The 2010 RM-ES Workplan includes detailed information on the activities and work deliverables currently under development by the RM-ES team.
Task Group Leaders
- Michelle Dougherty
- Phone: 312.233.1914
- email: firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Harry Rhodes
- Phone: 312.233.1119
- Email: email@example.com
- Work Group Team Members
The RM-ES project team meets via conference call on a regular basis. The group may schedule a face to face meeting based on need. The RM-ES workgroup will report to the HL7 EHR Workgroup through their regular meetings or at the HL7 meetings.
- Standing Meeting Date/Time: Mondays at 12 Noon EST /11 AM CST/ 10 AM MST/ 9 AM PST
- Full Team: Every other Monday for 90 minutes
- Project teams: Alternate Mondays
- Call Logistics
- Phone Number: 770-657-9270
- Participant Passcode: 510269#
- Crosswalk Project
- Deliverable: A crosswalk between key criteria between the Lifecycle Model, CDA R2 Header, and RM-ES Profile to determine related metadata concepts and terms and work toward a single list of metadata concepts and definitions where possible.
- Working Document: RMES CrossWalk Report
- Evaluation of NPRM Meaningful Use and IFR Standards and Certification
- Update on Meaningful Use NPRM & Standards/Certification IFR related to the Record management & Evidentiary Support profile
- Working Documents
This section contains Projects and associated documents that have been completed and/or archived.
RM-ES Standards Projects
- The [Funcitonal Proflie] is registered on the HL7 EHR Work Group’s functional profile website, which is hosted by the National Institute for Standards and Technology (NIST).
[[RM-ES Release 1 hyperlink to approved standard (this will be publicly available through the profile repository)
- RM-ES Release 2 Project (won’t start until after July)
- Link to the EHR-S FM Release 2 Project
- Link to the EHR-S FM Release 1 Standard
The Oncology Functional Profile Listserve is ???@lists.HL7.org. To subscribe to this service, go to the HL7 Listservices Welcome Page