This wiki has undergone a migration to Confluence found Here

DoF 2017-05-24

From HL7Wiki
Revision as of 01:14, 25 May 2017 by ToddCooper (talk | contribs) (Updated discussion notes)
Jump to navigation Jump to search

Meeting Information

NOTE: Updated with HL7 FreeConferenceCall Info
Online Meeting
ID: devicesonfhir
Dial-in Number
United States: (605) 475-4793
Access Code: 399374
International Dial-in Numbers:


  • Todd Cooper (BSF), Chris Courville (Epic), John Dyer (Draeger), Ken Fuchs (Draeger), John Garguilo (NIST), Stefan Karl (Philips), Sungkee Lee (KNU), Koichiro Matsumoto (Nihon Kohden), Joe Quinn (Optum), Brian Reinhold (LNI), John Rhoads (Philips), Paul Schluter (GE)

Regrets: None


  • Introductions, Agenda Review, etc.
  • Approve Minutes from previous call -- 2017.05.17 Updated & Approved
  • Review gForge tracker items addressed during Madrid meetings
- Chris reviewed the various HL7 gForge Tracker items addressed during the recent Madrid meetings ...
- #13181 - "DeviceMetric example still uses incorrect system reference" - Approved / Chris will update
- #13286 - "identifier element is [1..1] should be [0..*]" for DeviceComponent - Approved / Chris will update
- #13287 - "identifier element cardinality set to [1..1]; should be [0..*]" - Approved / Chris will update
- NOTE: For the above two items, will need to provide some device-related examples; these changes are consistent with how this data element is used in other FHIR resources
- #13342 - "Element needed for common Medical Device Properties" - active discussion (see 2017.05.17 notes for a more extensive discussion)
- #13343 - "Extend the search features to include productionSpecification" - active discussion; need examples of how a "token" search might be used for values; Chris and Brian will do some research; note that Observation.identifier is also a token-based search
- #10556 - "Add more options to the Data absent reasons" - active discussion; Group reviewed the discussion thread in Tracker and agreed that there was a need to add these items because (a) they are provided by PHD devices, and (b) there is no consistent way of knowing from the source the reason this particular value was sent. There can be numerous reasons - and without knowing which one, mapping is a guess at best.
- Brian will restart the discussion thread with another entry; Chris and Todd will continue the discussion, including at an OO review if necessary
  • Madrid 2017.05 Connectathon Example Review (Rhoads)
- John Rhoads began a review of the profiling / IG work that he began during the Madrid Connectathon with Furore's Michel and Ewout
- Based on Stefan Karl's example published on the DoF wiki HERE
- Artifacts viewable HERE with the Furore tools; project "STU3 Physio Monitoring Device Profiles"
  • New Business
  • Next F2F meetings
  • September 9-15, 2017 San Diego, CA @ HL7 WGM (+ FHIR Connectathon)