This wiki has undergone a migration to Confluence found Here

DoF 2017-03-15

From HL7Wiki
Jump to navigation Jump to search

Meeting Information

NOTE: Updated with HL7 FreeConferenceCall Info
Online Meeting
ID: devicesonfhir
Dial-in Number
United States: (605) 475-4793
Access Code: 399374
International Dial-in Numbers:


  • Björn Anderson (Univ. of Lübeck), Muhammad Asim (Philips), Todd Cooper (BSF), John Dyer (Draeger), Ken Fuchs (Draeger), Stefan Karl (Philips), Ana Kostadinovska (Philips), Koichiro Matsumoto (Nihon Kohden), J. Uwe Meyer (MT2IT), Ali Nakoulima (Cerner), John Rhoads (Philips)

Regrets: Chris Courville (Epic)


  • Introductions, Agenda Review, etc.
  • Approve Minutes from previous call 2017.03.01
  • STU3 Update
- "pens down" Wednesday!
- What changed / what remains?
- Reviewed the changes reflected in the current FHIR build
- FMM Status Update for Device-Related Resources
- In order to move DeviceComponent and DeviceMetric past FMM1, they need to be in a FHIR Connectathon or similar recognized event; targeting May 2017 FHIR Connectathon in Madrid
  • Madrid 2017 FHIR Connectathon - Proposals
- Proposals need to be submitted by 3/21 for the Madrid FHIR Connectathon in May
- Question: Who is interested in participating in the May Madrid FHIR Connectathon?
- Rhoads (Philips): Would like to bring a physio monitor supporting a full containment (DeviceComponent & DeviceMetric) and extended set of values
- PCHA? Probably ... will discuss with Asim / Brian / Kirwan
- "Pill Box" from HealthAll (demo'd at HIMSS17) TBD
- CDS Application shown @ HIMSS17? TBD
- ACTION(Todd) submit a proposal based on the HIMSS17 demo with a combination of PoCD and PHD devices and leveraging the DeviceComponent and DeviceMetric resources.
  • DEV WG FHIR PSS Review
- Reviewed the current DEV WG FHIR PSS #1277 to determine its treatment of both PoCD and PHD devices, as well as target dates
- PSS adequately covers both PHD and PoCD devices, but the dates need to be pushed out
- ACTION (Todd): Update the PSS dates for September '17, and submit to DESD for review & approval
- NOTE: Asim will schedule a call with Brian on how to achieve tighter integration between the PCHA / PHD guidelines and the DoF work
  • FHIR Foundation - deferred due to time
- What is it?
- DoF Project Update
  • New Business