This wiki has undergone a migration to Confluence found Here

Difference between revisions of "DoF 2016-08-31"

From HL7Wiki
Jump to navigation Jump to search
(→‎Attendees: in meeting update)
(Notes from Discussion)
Line 6: Line 6:
  
 
==Attendees==
 
==Attendees==
* Brian, Todd, Ken, Rhoads, Ioana, Chris Courville, Joseph Quinn, Melanie Yeung,J.-Uwe Meyer (MT2IT)
+
* Todd Cooper (BSF), Chris Courville (Epic), Ken Fuchs (C4MI), J.-Uwe Meyer (MT2IT), Joe Quinn (Optum), Brian Reinhold (LNI), John Rhoads (Philips), Ioana Singureanu (for VA), Melanie Yeung (UHN)
  
 
==Agenda/Minutes==
 
==Agenda/Minutes==
Line 19: Line 19:
 
::::- HAPI FHIR based platform / STU3
 
::::- HAPI FHIR based platform / STU3
 
::::- URL to be published by Esteban (Cognitive Medical) this week from their sandbox
 
::::- URL to be published by Esteban (Cognitive Medical) this week from their sandbox
 +
::::::- <span style="color:#0000FF"> Esteban posted the URL and the platform is live
 +
::::::- <span style="color:#0000FF"> Note it uses basic HTTP Security and not OAuth
 
::> Update on who and what
 
::> Update on who and what
 
::::- Draeger (Dave Gregorczyk) - POCD Devices?  Simulators?
 
::::- Draeger (Dave Gregorczyk) - POCD Devices?  Simulators?
 +
::::::- <span style="color:#0000FF"> Updating software for revised Device, Patient, Location, Observation definitions; should be ready next week
 
::::- Lampry Networks (Brian Reinhold) - PHD Devices?  Simulators?   
 
::::- Lampry Networks (Brian Reinhold) - PHD Devices?  Simulators?   
 +
::::::- <span style="color:#0000FF"> Brian will bring various PHD devices and simulators
 
::::- Cognitive Medical (Esteban Aliverti) - CareWeb-based device data display application
 
::::- Cognitive Medical (Esteban Aliverti) - CareWeb-based device data display application
 
::::- VA (Ioana Singureanu) - Participating with an open-source [http://wiki.hl7.org/index.php?title=201609_Device_Integration#Point-of-care_Device_Manager-_FHIR_client Point-of-Care Device Manager]. This is a new actor intended to track implantable devices, associate a patient to their monitoring devices, or help validate medication administration at the point of care using an infusion pump.
 
::::- VA (Ioana Singureanu) - Participating with an open-source [http://wiki.hl7.org/index.php?title=201609_Device_Integration#Point-of-care_Device_Manager-_FHIR_client Point-of-Care Device Manager]. This is a new actor intended to track implantable devices, associate a patient to their monitoring devices, or help validate medication administration at the point of care using an infusion pump.
 +
::::::- <span style="color:#0000FF"> NOTE:  Deferred to next week when Ioana will hopefully be able to present her work
 
::> FHIR Server Authentication Mechanism:  ''HTTP Basic Authentication''  
 
::> FHIR Server Authentication Mechanism:  ''HTTP Basic Authentication''  
 
::> Testing Scenarios - Open Discussion
 
::> Testing Scenarios - Open Discussion
 
::::- Primary focus is simply posting of device data conformant to the mappings and display by one or more applications
 
::::- Primary focus is simply posting of device data conformant to the mappings and display by one or more applications
 
* '''DoF Issue Tracking''' ... Prefered Tooling?
 
* '''DoF Issue Tracking''' ... Prefered Tooling?
 +
::> <span style="color:#0000FF"> '''''DECISION''''':  Use a simple wiki page / table for now; use gForge tracker for items that would update the published specification
 
* '''11073 Mapping Update'''
 
* '''11073 Mapping Update'''
 
::> General Status Update
 
::> General Status Update
 +
::::- <span style="color:#0000FF"> ''''ACTION (Brian)''''': Provide latest version of the PHD mapping spreadsheet for posting to wiki if it is significantly different from posted version
 +
::::- <span style="color:#0000FF"> Rhoads:  Challenges capturing 11073-10201 DIM mappings into a 2D spreadsheet; e.g., ASN.1 nested structure attribute definitions
 +
::::::- <span style="color:#0000FF"> Discussion:  Focus first on what is needed (for prioritization); Identify use context for application usage (e.g., device management) and then use those qualifications to narrow the mapping complexity / variability
 
::> [[DoF_Semantic_Content_Mapping | Review DoF Semantic Mapping wiki page]]
 
::> [[DoF_Semantic_Content_Mapping | Review DoF Semantic Mapping wiki page]]
 +
::::- <span style="color:#0000FF"> Brian posted a discussion about issues around the device-related resources, 11073 DIM containment and issues around mapping
 +
::::::- <span style="color:#0000FF"> Issues / proposals include:
 +
::::::::- <span style="color:#0000FF"> 1) Add key Device info fields to Device Component - or Production Specification to Device
 +
::::::::- <span style="color:#0000FF"> 2) lastSystemChange is 1..1, but PHD devices do not support this over-the-wire; proposal is to change cardinality to 0..1
 +
::::::::- <span style="color:#0000FF"> 3) Where doth regulation status go?
 +
::::::::- <span style="color:#0000FF"> 4) How best to integrate UDI (check re. the OO UDI Project)
 +
::> <span style="color:#0000FF"> General Question:  How will these mappings and implementation guidance be tested?  Should consult with some of the FHIR experts to get the current thinking on the subject.
 
* '''Joint FHIR-DEV WG Meeting in September Baltimore'''
 
* '''Joint FHIR-DEV WG Meeting in September Baltimore'''
 +
::::- <span style="color:#0000FF"> NOTE:  Chris, Stefan and Todd will not be at the Baltimore meetings, but will call in if possible to the appropriate sessions
 
::> Wednesday Q3 - Updates from "Devices on FHIR" Initiative
 
::> Wednesday Q3 - Updates from "Devices on FHIR" Initiative
 
::::- FMM Status Update
 
::::- FMM Status Update

Revision as of 01:24, 7 September 2016

Meeting Information

WebEx (incl. VOIP): CLICK HERE
Phone: +1 770-657-9270
Participant Code: 432584

Attendees

  • Todd Cooper (BSF), Chris Courville (Epic), Ken Fuchs (C4MI), J.-Uwe Meyer (MT2IT), Joe Quinn (Optum), Brian Reinhold (LNI), John Rhoads (Philips), Ioana Singureanu (for VA), Melanie Yeung (UHN)

Agenda/Minutes

> Approved by TSC!
> No further approvals required
  • September Connectathon Update
> Testing Platform w/ CDS group -
- HAPI FHIR based platform / STU3
- URL to be published by Esteban (Cognitive Medical) this week from their sandbox
- Esteban posted the URL and the platform is live
- Note it uses basic HTTP Security and not OAuth
> Update on who and what
- Draeger (Dave Gregorczyk) - POCD Devices? Simulators?
- Updating software for revised Device, Patient, Location, Observation definitions; should be ready next week
- Lampry Networks (Brian Reinhold) - PHD Devices? Simulators?
- Brian will bring various PHD devices and simulators
- Cognitive Medical (Esteban Aliverti) - CareWeb-based device data display application
- VA (Ioana Singureanu) - Participating with an open-source Point-of-Care Device Manager. This is a new actor intended to track implantable devices, associate a patient to their monitoring devices, or help validate medication administration at the point of care using an infusion pump.
- NOTE: Deferred to next week when Ioana will hopefully be able to present her work
> FHIR Server Authentication Mechanism: HTTP Basic Authentication
> Testing Scenarios - Open Discussion
- Primary focus is simply posting of device data conformant to the mappings and display by one or more applications
  • DoF Issue Tracking ... Prefered Tooling?
> DECISION: Use a simple wiki page / table for now; use gForge tracker for items that would update the published specification
  • 11073 Mapping Update
> General Status Update
- 'ACTION (Brian): Provide latest version of the PHD mapping spreadsheet for posting to wiki if it is significantly different from posted version
- Rhoads: Challenges capturing 11073-10201 DIM mappings into a 2D spreadsheet; e.g., ASN.1 nested structure attribute definitions
- Discussion: Focus first on what is needed (for prioritization); Identify use context for application usage (e.g., device management) and then use those qualifications to narrow the mapping complexity / variability
> Review DoF Semantic Mapping wiki page
- Brian posted a discussion about issues around the device-related resources, 11073 DIM containment and issues around mapping
- Issues / proposals include:
- 1) Add key Device info fields to Device Component - or Production Specification to Device
- 2) lastSystemChange is 1..1, but PHD devices do not support this over-the-wire; proposal is to change cardinality to 0..1
- 3) Where doth regulation status go?
- 4) How best to integrate UDI (check re. the OO UDI Project)
> General Question: How will these mappings and implementation guidance be tested? Should consult with some of the FHIR experts to get the current thinking on the subject.
  • Joint FHIR-DEV WG Meeting in September Baltimore
- NOTE: Chris, Stefan and Todd will not be at the Baltimore meetings, but will call in if possible to the appropriate sessions
> Wednesday Q3 - Updates from "Devices on FHIR" Initiative
- FMM Status Update
- FHIR Connectathon Report
- DEV WG-related Tracker Item Review
- General DoF Issues Review
> Thursday Q1 - Joint w/ FHIR
- General progress review
- New DEV WG FHIR PSS Review
- Issues Resolution (that require joint FHIR discussion)
- IHE ITI mACM profile discussion
- DoF Planning
> Other topics?
- (Ioana) DEV DCM Update Discussion (to support FHIR - Vital Signs Profiles) but also model device specialties (e.g. Glucose Meter, Vital Sign Monitor, Pulse Oximeter).
  • Action Item Review (see previous minutes incl. 2016.08.10
  • Future Topics:
> DoF Roadmap (Draft) Discussion
- Include PCD Profile Discussion
> DoF Implementation Guide Discussion
> DoF white paper(s) [per PSS]