This wiki has undergone a migration to Confluence found Here

Difference between revisions of "DoF 2016-08-03"

From HL7Wiki
Jump to navigation Jump to search
m (→‎Agenda/Minutes: Notes from discussion)
(Updated with discussion notes)
Line 1: Line 1:
 
==Attendees==
 
==Attendees==
* Todd Cooper (BSF), Beth Pumo (KP), Brian Reinhold (LNI), John Rhoads (Philips)
+
* Todd Cooper (BSF), Chris Courville (Epic), Bill Kleinebecker (Strategic Pathways), Parris Lucas (Ascom), Beth Pumo (KP), Brian Reinhold (LNI), John Rhoads (Philips)
  
 
==Agenda/Minutes==
 
==Agenda/Minutes==
 
* '''Introductions, Agenda Review, etc.'''
 
* '''Introductions, Agenda Review, etc.'''
 
* '''Approve Minutes from previous calls:'''
 
* '''Approve Minutes from previous calls:'''
:: [[DoF_2016-07-20 | 2016.07.20]] '''APPROVED'''
+
:: [[DoF_2016-07-20 | 2016.07.20]] <span style="color:#0000FF">'''APPROVED'''
:: [[DoF_2016-07-27 | 2016.07.27]] '''APPROVED'''
+
:: [[DoF_2016-07-27 | 2016.07.27]] <span style="color:#0000FF">'''APPROVED'''
 
* '''DEV WG FHIR PSS - Status Update''' (Cooper)
 
* '''DEV WG FHIR PSS - Status Update''' (Cooper)
 
::* [http://www.hl7.org/Special/committees/healthcaredevices/projects.cfm?action=edit&ProjectNumber=1277 Assigned Project #1277]
 
::* [http://www.hl7.org/Special/committees/healthcaredevices/projects.cfm?action=edit&ProjectNumber=1277 Assigned Project #1277]
 +
::::> <span style="color:#0000FF">PSS is now out for a 10 day review / approval for the DESD (Domain Experts Steering Division, under the HL7 TSC (Technical Steering Committee))
 
::* DoF Roadmapping Discussion Preview
 
::* DoF Roadmapping Discussion Preview
::::> Todd will start drafting a 12 month DoF Roadmap based on the new PSS and scheduled meetings / events
+
::::> <span style="color:#0000FF">Todd will start drafting a 12 month DoF Roadmap based on the new PSS and scheduled meetings / events
 
::* Resource Status:  DeviceUseRequest, DeviceUseStatement
 
::* Resource Status:  DeviceUseRequest, DeviceUseStatement
 +
::::> <span style="color:#0000FF">Chris clarified that the DEV WG, which was initially assigned these two resources, indicated that they did not want to "own" them, but they also didn't "deprecate" them
 +
::::> <span style="color:#0000FF">HL7 CDS determined that they needed the two resources for workflow management, events that indicate the need for device use and then subsequent documentation
 +
::::> <span style="color:#0000FF">Group indicated that they would like to be in-the-loop regarding the definition and use of these two resources, possibly including a section in an IG
 +
::::> <span style="color:#0000FF">'''ACTION'''(Todd) Contact the group responsible for these two resources and ensure that the DoF team is included
 
* '''Final Review of FHIR Documentation Updates''' (Courville)
 
* '''Final Review of FHIR Documentation Updates''' (Courville)
 
::* NOTE [[FHIR_Ballot_Prep | milestone dates]]
 
::* NOTE [[FHIR_Ballot_Prep | milestone dates]]
 +
::::> <span style="color:#0000FF"> Deferred to next meeting; Chris was not able to join the meeting until later in this agenda
 
* '''Mapping Update''' (Rhoads)
 
* '''Mapping Update''' (Rhoads)
 +
::::> <span style="color:#0000FF">John is progressing the mapping effort, but it is not yet complete; will report out next week
 +
::::> <span style="color:#0000FF">General question as to the mechanics of formalizing and publishing the mappings in FHIR
 +
::::::- <span style="color:#0000FF">Stefan may understand this area better, but is out on vacation
 +
::::::- <span style="color:#0000FF">NOTE:  Not all FHIR specification components have "production" mechanisms; for example, IG's
 +
::::::- <span style="color:#0000FF">ALSO mappings should include additional detail around Use Context, detailing WHEN a given mapping is valid
 +
::::::- <span style="color:#0000FF">'''ACTION'''(Todd) confer with the FHIR powers to see if they can provide clarity on these questions
 
::* DIM to FHIR
 
::* DIM to FHIR
 +
::::> <span style="color:#0000FF">NOTE:  This is the approach prefered by Continua, since devices communicate using 100% 11073 protocols and content
 +
::::> <span style="color:#0000FF">For PoCD, today most content is sent in V2-based ORU messaging;
 +
::::> <span style="color:#0000FF">A representative set of example models needs to be established to illustrate and validate the proposed mappings;
 +
::::::- <span style="color:#0000FF">For PHD devices, these exist in the 11073-104xx specializations
 +
::::::- <span style="color:#0000FF">For PoCD devices, these mostly exist in the IHE PCD TF-3 and related specification files; perhaps the ongoing infusion pump data set and modeling can be used, as well as a physiological monitor model (and OpenSDC)
 
::* DIM to V2 to FHIR
 
::* DIM to V2 to FHIR
 +
::::> <span style="color:#0000FF">'''ACTION'''(Todd] Provide a more complete PoCD PCD-01 message example to the group
 
::* PHD Mapping Example (Reinhold)
 
::* PHD Mapping Example (Reinhold)
 +
::::> <span style="color:#0000FF">Brian provided a tour of a detailed PHD mapping spreadsheet that he sent out to the group last week.
 +
::::> <span style="color:#0000FF">Discussion included ...
 +
::::::- <span style="color:#0000FF">Time management challenges (esp. with "static" devices and the reliance on the PHG to report
 +
::::::- <span style="color:#0000FF">ASN.1 BITS data type mapping to FHIR still an issue (entered as a tracker item); so those mappings are TBD
 +
::::::- <span style="color:#0000FF">observation.component leveraged heavily for many of the more complex data element mappings, including EEG or acceleration (X, Y, Z axis values)
 +
::::::- <span style="color:#0000FF">QUESTION:  When should these be handled by a FHIR Resource extension?
 +
::::::- <span style="color:#0000FF">Metric source handle is an example of a challenged mapping as well
 
* '''FHIR Connectathon Updates'''
 
* '''FHIR Connectathon Updates'''
 
::* 2016 September (Baltimore WGM)
 
::* 2016 September (Baltimore WGM)
 
:::- Who will be participating - F2F / Remotely
 
:::- Who will be participating - F2F / Remotely
 +
::::> <span style="color:#0000FF">Brian hopes to be participating but still TBD; will bring an "uploader" and a number of PHD devices
 +
::::> <span style="color:#0000FF">Stefan will participate and hopefully bring one or more real devices [he was out on vacation for this meeting]
 +
::::> <span style="color:#0000FF">John Rhoads will participate as an observer
 +
::::> <span style="color:#0000FF">Todd will hopefully participate, but most likely remotely; TBD if it is as an observer / facilitator or with a data source / consuming app
 
:::- Who has used a public FHIR server  
 
:::- Who has used a public FHIR server  
 +
::::> <span style="color:#0000FF">Brian has used a number of public servers including at the May Connectathon in Canada; assume Draeger has well, but not there to report out
 +
::::> <span style="color:#0000FF">'''NOTE''':  Brian emphasized that the STU3 servers have considerably more conformance checking; so if an implementation passed using an STU2 implementation, it may run into problems with the STU3 implementations!
 
:::- CDS Support (specifically for devices):
 
:::- CDS Support (specifically for devices):
 
::::> Identify device partners (Todd)
 
::::> Identify device partners (Todd)
Line 31: Line 62:
 
::* 2016 November (Amsterdam DevDays)
 
::* 2016 November (Amsterdam DevDays)
 
:::- Coordination with Continua & Furore (Ewout)
 
:::- Coordination with Continua & Furore (Ewout)
 +
::::> <span style="color:#0000FF">'''ACTION'''(Todd) continue to reach out to Michael Kirwin regarding coordination w/ DoF on the November FHIR track supported by Continua
 
:::- ?V2 to FHIR Mapping Service?
 
:::- ?V2 to FHIR Mapping Service?
 
:::- Use of FHIR DevDays (Furore) server?
 
:::- Use of FHIR DevDays (Furore) server?
 +
::::> <span style="color:#0000FF">'''ACTION'''(Todd) get URL from Ewout for this server + timing and conditions for use
 
* '''DEV WG Baltimore (2016.09) Meetings'''
 
* '''DEV WG Baltimore (2016.09) Meetings'''
 
::* Post Connectathon "Mortem" (Saturday evening or Sunday?)
 
::* Post Connectathon "Mortem" (Saturday evening or Sunday?)
 
::* Who will be @ DEV WG meetings?
 
::* Who will be @ DEV WG meetings?
 +
::::> <span style="color:#0000FF">Chris Courville (possibly), John Rhoads, Brian Reinhold (TBD)
 
::* Topics for DEV-FHIR Joint Session?
 
::* Topics for DEV-FHIR Joint Session?
 
:::- FMM Status Update
 
:::- FMM Status Update
Line 42: Line 76:
 
:::- General DoF Issues Review (collected between here and there)
 
:::- General DoF Issues Review (collected between here and there)
 
:::- <Other?>
 
:::- <Other?>
 +
::::> <span style="color:#0000FF">Add:  Outstanding Device-related Tracker Items
 
* '''Other Business'''
 
* '''Other Business'''
  
 
* Plan next meeting [[DoF_2017-08-10 | 2016.08.10]]
 
* Plan next meeting [[DoF_2017-08-10 | 2016.08.10]]

Revision as of 17:24, 3 August 2016

Attendees

  • Todd Cooper (BSF), Chris Courville (Epic), Bill Kleinebecker (Strategic Pathways), Parris Lucas (Ascom), Beth Pumo (KP), Brian Reinhold (LNI), John Rhoads (Philips)

Agenda/Minutes

  • Introductions, Agenda Review, etc.
  • Approve Minutes from previous calls:
2016.07.20 APPROVED
2016.07.27 APPROVED
  • DEV WG FHIR PSS - Status Update (Cooper)
> PSS is now out for a 10 day review / approval for the DESD (Domain Experts Steering Division, under the HL7 TSC (Technical Steering Committee))
  • DoF Roadmapping Discussion Preview
> Todd will start drafting a 12 month DoF Roadmap based on the new PSS and scheduled meetings / events
  • Resource Status: DeviceUseRequest, DeviceUseStatement
> Chris clarified that the DEV WG, which was initially assigned these two resources, indicated that they did not want to "own" them, but they also didn't "deprecate" them
> HL7 CDS determined that they needed the two resources for workflow management, events that indicate the need for device use and then subsequent documentation
> Group indicated that they would like to be in-the-loop regarding the definition and use of these two resources, possibly including a section in an IG
> ACTION(Todd) Contact the group responsible for these two resources and ensure that the DoF team is included
  • Final Review of FHIR Documentation Updates (Courville)
> Deferred to next meeting; Chris was not able to join the meeting until later in this agenda
  • Mapping Update (Rhoads)
> John is progressing the mapping effort, but it is not yet complete; will report out next week
> General question as to the mechanics of formalizing and publishing the mappings in FHIR
- Stefan may understand this area better, but is out on vacation
- NOTE: Not all FHIR specification components have "production" mechanisms; for example, IG's
- ALSO mappings should include additional detail around Use Context, detailing WHEN a given mapping is valid
- ACTION(Todd) confer with the FHIR powers to see if they can provide clarity on these questions
  • DIM to FHIR
> NOTE: This is the approach prefered by Continua, since devices communicate using 100% 11073 protocols and content
> For PoCD, today most content is sent in V2-based ORU messaging;
> A representative set of example models needs to be established to illustrate and validate the proposed mappings;
- For PHD devices, these exist in the 11073-104xx specializations
- For PoCD devices, these mostly exist in the IHE PCD TF-3 and related specification files; perhaps the ongoing infusion pump data set and modeling can be used, as well as a physiological monitor model (and OpenSDC)
  • DIM to V2 to FHIR
> ACTION(Todd] Provide a more complete PoCD PCD-01 message example to the group
  • PHD Mapping Example (Reinhold)
> Brian provided a tour of a detailed PHD mapping spreadsheet that he sent out to the group last week.
> Discussion included ...
- Time management challenges (esp. with "static" devices and the reliance on the PHG to report
- ASN.1 BITS data type mapping to FHIR still an issue (entered as a tracker item); so those mappings are TBD
- observation.component leveraged heavily for many of the more complex data element mappings, including EEG or acceleration (X, Y, Z axis values)
- QUESTION: When should these be handled by a FHIR Resource extension?
- Metric source handle is an example of a challenged mapping as well
  • FHIR Connectathon Updates
  • 2016 September (Baltimore WGM)
- Who will be participating - F2F / Remotely
> Brian hopes to be participating but still TBD; will bring an "uploader" and a number of PHD devices
> Stefan will participate and hopefully bring one or more real devices [he was out on vacation for this meeting]
> John Rhoads will participate as an observer
> Todd will hopefully participate, but most likely remotely; TBD if it is as an observer / facilitator or with a data source / consuming app
- Who has used a public FHIR server
> Brian has used a number of public servers including at the May Connectathon in Canada; assume Draeger has well, but not there to report out
> NOTE: Brian emphasized that the STU3 servers have considerably more conformance checking; so if an implementation passed using an STU2 implementation, it may run into problems with the STU3 implementations!
- CDS Support (specifically for devices):
> Identify device partners (Todd)
> Integrate device with HAPI FHIR Server (Claude with support from Todd)
Need to specify topic, event type, …
> Need to adapt CareWeb plugin to visualize device discrete data/waveform (Esteban)
> CDS applied to device data (tentative: for-connectathon)
- Waveform data?
  • 2016 November (Amsterdam DevDays)
- Coordination with Continua & Furore (Ewout)
> ACTION(Todd) continue to reach out to Michael Kirwin regarding coordination w/ DoF on the November FHIR track supported by Continua
- ?V2 to FHIR Mapping Service?
- Use of FHIR DevDays (Furore) server?
> ACTION(Todd) get URL from Ewout for this server + timing and conditions for use
  • DEV WG Baltimore (2016.09) Meetings
  • Post Connectathon "Mortem" (Saturday evening or Sunday?)
  • Who will be @ DEV WG meetings?
> Chris Courville (possibly), John Rhoads, Brian Reinhold (TBD)
  • Topics for DEV-FHIR Joint Session?
- FMM Status Update
- FHIR Connectathon Report
- Roadmap Review: PSS, Connectathons, etc.
- General DoF Issues Review (collected between here and there)
- <Other?>
> Add: Outstanding Device-related Tracker Items
  • Other Business