DiagnosticReportGenetics FHIR Profile Proposal
- 1 DiagnosticReportGenetics
- 1.1 Profile balloting plans
- 1.2 Profile Details
- 1.3 Ownership
- 1.4 Plans
The DiagnosticReportGenetics profile extends the DiagnosticReport resource to enable reporting of structured genetic test results by referring to the ObservationGenetics profile. In addition, the genetics profile denotes condition context for genetic testing, which may influence reported variants and interpretation for large genomic testing panels and provides references to the FamilyMemberHistory resource, the Condition resource.
Profile balloting plans
The DiagnosticReportGenetics profile supports reporting of DNA variants at the genomic, cDNA, and protein change level. In addition, a condition context may be provided, as AssessedCondition. For large genomic tests, a condition may be used as an input into the analytic pipeline to aid in the identification of clinically relevant variants related to the test order.
Constraints to be Applied
The following constraints are applied to the DiagnosticReport resource as necessary:
- Constrain the cardinality of the data elements within the resource.
- Constrain the mustSupport attribute of the data elements within the resource.
- Define searchParameters as necessary for the resource.
- Constrain vocabularies for the resources as applicable.
Extensions to be Applied
The following extensions are applied to the DiagnosticReport resource as appropriate:
- Clinical genomics specific extensions.
- Query Examples for DiagnosticReport resource.
- Query Result Examples for DiagnosticReport resource.
Scope of coverage
- Subject: patient
- Disciplines: Patient Care, Clinical Research, Public Health
- Delivery Environment: Inpatient, Ambulatory, Community, Emergency, etc.
Owning committee name
Contributing or Reviewing Work Groups
- Gil Alterovitz
- Gaston Fiore
FHIR Profile Development Project Insight ID
- July 2016
- Ballot with next FHIR DSTU or Normative Edition
Desired Ballot Date
- End 2016