Device FHIR Resource Proposal
Owning committee name
Interested Work Groups
- Laboratory (and Lab Automation)
- Anatomic Pathology
- Clinical Genomics
- Imaging Integration
- Public Health and Emergency Response
FHIR Resource Development Project Insight ID
Scope of coverage
DEFINITION (DEVICES): This resource identifies an instance of a manufactured thing that is used in the provision of healthcare without being substantially changed through that activity. The device may be a machine, an insert, a computer, an application, etc. This includes durable (reusable) medical equipment as well as disposable equipment used for diagnostic, treatment, and research for healthcare and public health.
Primarily used for recording which device performed an action and can also be used to track device location.
- Entity: ManufacturedMaterial (Enity.classCode="MMAT")
- Entity: Devices (Entity.code=DeviceGenericType)
Devices are used throughout healthcare for the precise (and imprecise) measurements related to diagnostics and treatments, to deliver theraputic drugs and other forms of treatment, for use in surgical procedures, and used throughout research scenarios. As such, a device resource is required for the information components.
- HL7 v3 Laboratory Standard - Normative
- HL7 v3 Implantable Devices Standard - Normative
- HL7 v2.x
- OrderResponse ?
- ImagingStudy ?
- Vote by WG (Ready for ballot): July 2013
- Ballot: September 2013
- Lorraine Constable
- Patrick Loyd