DeviceMetricObservation FHIR Profile Proposal
- 1 DeviceMetricObservation
- 1.1 Profile Details
- 1.2 Ownership
- 1.3 Plans
Constraints to be Applied
- performer = Resource(Device)
- subject = Resource(Device| Patient)
- method = Measure mode ValueSet
- applied[x] = DateTime
- Remove encounter
Extensions to be Applied
- relatedDeviceMetric = Resource(DeviceMetric) [1..1]
- An observation of diastolic blood pressure indicates 60 mmHg.
- An observation of systolic blood pressure indicates 111 mmHg.
- A ventilation mode setting value from a ventilator.
Scope of coverage
The DeviceMetricObservation profile describes the direct or derived, qualitative or quantitative physiological measurement, setting, or calculation data produced by a medical device or a device component.
For the initial scope, this DeviceMetricObservation profile is only applicable to describe a measurement that is produced by any medical device that implements or derives from the ISO/IEEE 11073 standard.
Owning committee name
Contributing or Reviewing Work Groups
- Center for Medical Interoperability will be in collaboration with Dräger Medical to work on the profile definition for DeviceMetricObservation.
- Other Enterprise systems (such as EHR, PHR, or EMR) might be interested in consuming DeviceMetricObservation data for their data analytic module.
FHIR Profile Development Project Insight ID
- Ready for Draft for Comment ballot: January 2015
- Complete for DSTU 2.0: August 2015
- Ballot with next FHIR DSTU or Normative Edition