DeviceChannel FHIR Profile Proposal
- 1 DeviceChannel
- 1.1 Profile Details
- 1.2 Ownership
- 1.3 Plans
Constraints to be Applied
- parent = Resource(VirtualMedicalDevice)
Extensions to be Applied
- A primary channel from an infusion pump containment tree.
Scope of coverage
The DeviceChannel profile describes the characteristics, operational status and capabilities of a non-physical component that allows physiological measurement data and its derived data to be grouped in a hierarchical information organization.
For the initial scope, this DeviceChannel profile is only applicable to describe a single Channel node represents in the containment tree that is produced by the context scanner in any medical device that implements or derives from the ISO/IEEE 11073 standard.
Owning committee name
Contributing or Reviewing Work Groups
- Center for Medical Interoperability will be in collaboration with Dräger Medical to work on the profile definition for DeviceChannel.
FHIR Profile Development Project Insight ID
- This proposal will not be addressed in the current DSTU cycle. It is provided as guidance to our intended overall architecture for device communications and will be implemented in the future.
- Ballot with next FHIR DSTU or Normative Edition