This wiki has undergone a migration to Confluence found Here

Difference between revisions of "December 14th 2016 Education Telecon"

From HL7Wiki
Jump to navigation Jump to search
(Primarily, discussion was regarding the content of the courses for the May WGM in Madrid.)
 
Line 2: Line 2:
 
*Date and Time:  12/14/16 4:00 pm EST
 
*Date and Time:  12/14/16 4:00 pm EST
 
*Location: Conference Call  Phone Number: +1 770-657-9270  Participant Passcode: 447895
 
*Location: Conference Call  Phone Number: +1 770-657-9270  Participant Passcode: 447895
*Attendees:
+
*Attendees:Paco Perez, Sharon Kayne Chaplock, Mary Anne Boyle, Melissa Mendivil, Virgina Lorenzi, Fernando Campos, John Ritter
  
Announcements
+
Discussion on May Grid material:
*HQ report
+
*Paco has Spanish instructors for certification of 2.x and CDA, but will need English materials for FHIR so that the translation work can be done.
 +
*Fernando and Diego can concentrate on FHIR and other courses if Paco has v2 and CDA covered
 +
*Interoperability for Public Health:  Paco suggested that the format can be a roundtable with 4/5 people explaining what is being done in each region of Spain.  Perhaps  the scope could be expanded to countries beyond Spain and make this a bilingual presentation.
 +
*We might combine the Public Health and HL7 for Government tutorial as these tutorials subject matter may overlap in the EU
 +
*Understanding the HL7 Organization - is this translated to Spanish?
 +
*Paco had a question re: classes with potential for low attendance: We will leave tutorials open and only cancel if there is not enough attendance.
 +
*Mary Ann mentioned that in the past we have offered a discounted 'student' rate to those only going to tutorials.  Students are defined as those in the industry who might be sent to the meeting and only attending the tutorials, and not attending any of the other activities (i.e. not the day rate)
 +
*Possible Idea for this meeting:  Offer promotional rate to university faculty as we are giving course on how to integrate HL7 into university curriculum
 +
*John:  we should clarify the definition of "Public Health" for Europeans in preparation for the tutorial as it is probably more equivalent to National Health. 
 +
*Mary Anne:  We will be sure to clarify this in the description in the brochure
 +
*PIC and Education will be collaborating on Newcomer Orientation
  
Agenda
+
Next Meeting
 +
Date and Time:  12/28/16 4:00 pm EST
 +
Location:  conference call
 +
Agenda:  TBD
  
Old Business:
 
*Accept last weeks meeting minutes
 
*May gridwork progress
 
*Vocab Webinars update
 
*Old Projects
 
  
New Business:
 
*FHIR:  proposed process for certification
 
**personal/organizational membership requirement
 
**STU3 certification
 
*FHIR Connectathon outreach ideas
 
*Newcomer's Orientation Ideas - PIC collaboration
 
*Anita's events - update
 
*Online PSS template
 
*New ideas/proposals
 
 
 
 
Action Items
 
Action Items

Latest revision as of 17:49, 27 December 2016

Meeting Details

  • Date and Time: 12/14/16 4:00 pm EST
  • Location: Conference Call Phone Number: +1 770-657-9270 Participant Passcode: 447895
  • Attendees:Paco Perez, Sharon Kayne Chaplock, Mary Anne Boyle, Melissa Mendivil, Virgina Lorenzi, Fernando Campos, John Ritter

Discussion on May Grid material:

  • Paco has Spanish instructors for certification of 2.x and CDA, but will need English materials for FHIR so that the translation work can be done.
  • Fernando and Diego can concentrate on FHIR and other courses if Paco has v2 and CDA covered
  • Interoperability for Public Health: Paco suggested that the format can be a roundtable with 4/5 people explaining what is being done in each region of Spain. Perhaps the scope could be expanded to countries beyond Spain and make this a bilingual presentation.
  • We might combine the Public Health and HL7 for Government tutorial as these tutorials subject matter may overlap in the EU
  • Understanding the HL7 Organization - is this translated to Spanish?
  • Paco had a question re: classes with potential for low attendance: We will leave tutorials open and only cancel if there is not enough attendance.
  • Mary Ann mentioned that in the past we have offered a discounted 'student' rate to those only going to tutorials. Students are defined as those in the industry who might be sent to the meeting and only attending the tutorials, and not attending any of the other activities (i.e. not the day rate)
  • Possible Idea for this meeting: Offer promotional rate to university faculty as we are giving course on how to integrate HL7 into university curriculum
  • John: we should clarify the definition of "Public Health" for Europeans in preparation for the tutorial as it is probably more equivalent to National Health.
  • Mary Anne: We will be sure to clarify this in the description in the brochure
  • PIC and Education will be collaborating on Newcomer Orientation

Next Meeting Date and Time: 12/28/16 4:00 pm EST Location: conference call Agenda: TBD


Action Items

Next Meeting

  • Date and Time: 12/28/16 4:00 pm EST
  • Location: Conference Call Phone Number: +1 770-657-9270 Participant Passcode: 447895
  • Agenda: TBD