Database with native ISO datatypes
Jump to navigation Jump to search
The ISO (or: Datatypes R2) data types can be implemented as 'native datatypes' at the database level. This may be an attractive option for RIMBAA applications.
- It would be great to have an Ad Hoc query and don't bother with the details of e.g. a PQ.
- Grahame tried to implement UDT's in SQL-Server, but he did not like it because
- no support for inheritence/substituability
- the data is stored serialized as strings.
- very difficult to address nested content (lists/sets)
- Performance is an issue.
- There might be a problem with current ORM implementations witch cannot currently handle UDT's.