Coordination of Care Services Specification Project
The Care Coordination service is a standards development/specification effort being undertaken by HL7 to be followed by SOA specification work at the OMG. This project falls under the Healthcare Services Specification Program (HSSP) and will be done in collaboration with the HL7 Patient Care and HL7 Clinical Decision Support work groups.
The objective is to provide SOA capabilities to support patient care coordination across the continuum. The viewpoint of these capabilities is the patient as he or she crosses care settings and interacts with care givers with different focus and specialties. The context is episodes of care spanning multiple organizations, the interactions at the boundaries of care transitions, and the subset of information necessary and sufficient to support these interactions.
The CCS will support shared and coordinated care plans. The CCS will support multidisciplinary care team members to communicate changes resulting from care plan interventions and collaborate in removing barriers to care. The CCS will provide on demand synchronization of information to keep the virtual care team on the same page and prevent having the patient fall through the cracks of the silos of care.
Care Team members will collaborate around these shared plans, each contributing or reviewing items as local procedures and policies may dicate. Structurally, the shared Care Plan will serve to coordinate specialty care plans, and will have the ability to seamlessly navigate to them without requiring physical centralization of data storage.
Automated Clinical Decision Support systems will be first class participants in proposing and evaluating care plan actions.
- CCS SFM Comments ballot for May, 2013 Submitted
- Prepare for CCS SFM DSTU ballot September 2013 <== Current Work
- OMG technical specification work - 2014
Service Functional Model (SFM)
We are developing the Service Functional Model (SFM) text on Wiki pages. Most items are ready for review "now" as shown below. We update this list within minutes of having new info for it.
- Most items are frozen now as shown below. If you have suggested edits for important wordsmithing then please email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call at (919) 757 2329 on Saturday, today)
- On Saturday 3/16 we wish to receive only wordsmithing suggestions and only by email to both of us (the wiki posts will be obsolete)
- On Sunday we will submit it.
How to Help If your edits are wordsmithing, then please feel free to edit directly, but if you would like changes to content, please send your thoughts to Jon Farmer <email@example.com> or Enrique Meneses <firstname.lastname@example.org>. For each item see the initials to know to whom you should send edits (if not editing directly).
Items written and posted ready now for your review!
- JF - How SFM will refer to users FROZEN
- JF - Business Scenarios FROZEN
- JF - Functional profiles FROZEN
- JF - File:CCS SFM 2013 03 13 Functional scope - Reason why needed - Rationale for creating the spec - Vendor Viewpont.doc FROZEN
- JF - CCS Issues and Resolutions - do you remember some? w/be extended EM and by chairs
- JF - Coverage Matrix EHR SFM vs. CCS Func Profiles FROZEN, but JF will review for clarity
- EM - Business Service Capabilities (Completed ms word reformatting and posted to wiki)
- EM - Overview of CP DAM content 
- EM - Functional profile mapping
- EM - Collaboration of capabilities
Issues to resolve:
- Discuss w/ SOA - Rejecting BPM and deferring CMMN - Open
Domain Model Dependencies
The Care Coordination Service SFM is defined in terms of models from the HL7 Patient Care workgroup. Of special importance is the care plan initiative which is defining a model to support collaborative care planning Care Plan Initiative Project. As a rule CCS will leverage standard domain models and not define new domain semantic content. The following power point provides an overview of the Care Plan domain analysis model.
- Enrique Meneses, Healthcare Solutions Architect, Careflow Solutions
- Jon Farmer, Product Manager, Thrasys
Project Scope Statement
Related Discussions Listserv
Manage your listserv subscriptions here.
Read Listserv Messages
Sign up here:
Weekly Meeting Time: Every Tuesday at 5 PM US ET
195 053 369
USA Call-in number
Participant access code
- CCS issues tracking at GForge repository.