Coordination of Care Services Specification Project
The Care Coordination service is a standards development/specification effort being undertaken by HL7 to be followed by SOA specification work at the OMG. This project falls under the Healthcare Services Specification Program (HSSP) and will be done in collaboration with the HL7 Patient Care and HL7 Clinical Decision Support work groups.
The objective is to provide SOA capabilities to support patient care coordination across the continuum. The viewpoint of these capabilities is the patient as he or she crosses care settings and interacts with care givers with different focus and specialties. The context is episodes of care spanning multiple organizations, the interactions at the boundaries of care transitions, and the subset of information necessary and sufficient to support these interactions.
The CCS will support shared and coordinated care plans. The CCS will support multidisciplinary care team members to communicate changes resulting from care plan interventions and collaborate in removing barriers to care. The CCS will provide on demand synchronization of information to keep the virtual care team on the same page and prevent having the patient fall through the cracks of the silos of care.
Care Team members will collaborate around these shared plans, each contributing or reviewing items as local procedures and policies may dicate. Structurally, the shared Care Plan will serve to coordinate specialty care plans, and will have the ability to seamlessly navigate to them without requiring physical centralization of data storage.
Automated Clinical Decision Support systems will be first class participants in proposing and evaluating care plan actions.
- Currently defining Care Coordination Service (CCS) Functional Model (SFM) <== we are here
- Initial draft planned for March 17th, 2013
- CCS SFM Comments ballot for May, 2013
- CCS SFM DSTU ballot September 2013
- OMG technical specification work - 2014
Service Functional Model (SFM)
We are developing the Service Functional Model (SFM) text on Wiki pages - we invite your participation:
- How SFM will refer to users
- Business Scenarios
- Business Capabilities
- Functional profiles (to be reworked based on the capabilities list)
- Please also reiew Functional scope, Reason why service is needed, Rationale for creating the specification, and Vendor_Viewpoint
- Explanation of why classical workflow control is out of scope and CMMN is deferred (will have link momentarily)
Domain Model Dependencies
The Care Coordination Service SFM is defined in terms of models from the HL7 Patient Care workgroup. Of special importance is the care plan initiative which is defining a model to support collaborative care planning Care Plan Initiative Project. As a rule CCS will leverage standard domain models and not define new domain semantic content. The following power point provides an overview of the Care Plan domain analysis model.
- Enrique Meneses, Healthcare Solutions Architect, Careflow Solutions
- Jon Farmer, Product Manager, Thrasys
Project Scope Statement
Related Discussions Listserv
Manage your listserv subscriptions here.
Read Listserv Messages
Sign up here:
Weekly Meeting Time: Every Tuesday at 5 PM US ET
195 053 369
USA Call-in number
Participant access code
- CCS issues tracking at GForge repository.