Difference between revisions of "Coordination of Care Services Specification Project"
|Line 20:||Line 20:|
===Project Scope Statement===
===Project Scope Statement===
[http://hssp-carecoordination.wikispaces.com/file/view/HL7+Care+Coordination+Service+%28CSS%29+v1+0+5_2012PSS.pdf Link to project scope statement]
[http://hssp-carecoordination.wikispaces.com/file/view/HL7+Care+Coordination+Service+%28CSS%29+v1+0+5_2012PSS.pdf Link to project scope statement] [http://www.hl7.org//.cfm?]
Revision as of 00:11, 19 November 2012
The Care Coordination service is a standards development/specification effort being undertaken by HL7 to be followed by SOA specification work at the OMG. This project falls under the Healthcare Services Specification Program (HSSP) and will be done in collaboration with the HL7 Patient Care and HL7 Clinical Decision Support work groups.
The objective is to provide SOA capabilities to support patient care coordination across the continuum. The viewpoint of these capabilities is the patient as he or she crosses care settings and interacts with care givers with different focus and specialties. The context is episodes of care spanning multiple organizations, the interactions at the boundaries of care transitions, and the subset of information necessary and sufficient to support these interactions.
The CCS will support shared and coordinated care plans. The CCS will support multidisciplinary care team members to communicate changes resulting from care plan interventions and collaborate in removing barriers to care. The CCS will provide on demand synchronization of information to keep the virtual care team on the same page and prevent having the patient fall through the cracks of the silos of care.
Care Team members will collaborate around these shared plans, coauthoring plan elements as the team observes. Structurally, the shared Care Plan will serve to coordinate specialty care plans, and will have the ability to seamlessly navigate to them without requiring physical centralization of data storage.
Automated Clinical Decision Support systems will be first class participants in proposing care plan actions.
- Enrique Meneses, Healthcare Solutions Architect, Careflow Solutions
- Jon Farmer, Product Manager, Thrays
Project Scope Statement
Related Discussions Listserv
Please join the discussion at the listsev for our co-sponsors:
Manage your listserv subscriptions here.
- Weekly meeting day/time - TBD
- link to or list project meeting schedule
- link to minutes web page or wiki minutes page, or list project meeting agendas and minutes
- If balloting, list ballot name/cycle/link
- If in DSTU, link to DSTU comments page
- If in development, link to in progress
- Some projects explicitly list objectives from scope statement and status for each
- Link to working documents/wiki pages
- Link to project GForge
- Link to reference documentation on GForge, HL7 Web site WG Documents/Presentations page, or external web pages