Conformance and Guidance for Implementation/Testing
Note: during the May2007 WGM the Implementation Committee and the Conformance SIG became a new TC. See draft ImpConf Mission and Charter and Actions for ImpConf merger. The Implementation committee was formally wound up, and the Implementation Conformance TC (ICTC) was formed.
This wiki page is a merger of the content from the two committee's original wiki pages.
The HL7 Implementation committee supports HL7 members and other users of HL7 (draft) standard specifications, with the identification and resolution of issues related to successful implementation thereof.
This Wiki is used to develop an implementation FAQ, as well as a place to maintain and evolve ideas that have been discussed in committee. Formal minutes and agendas will still be maintained and posted to the HL7.org website - with this space providing for a more fluid development of content, where meeting notes will be fleshed out beyond what may heve been said in the meeting, and then used as the basis for other documents. The page history can be used to see what has been added since a particular meeting.
- 1 Implementation and Conformance Committee Projects
- 2 Committee agenda topics
- 3 Current Activities
- 4 Action Items
- 5 Documents
- 6 Testing Facilities
- 7 Working Group Meeting Agendas
- 8 Meeting Minutes
- 9 Conference Call Agenda and Minutes
Implementation and Conformance Committee Projects
This section is for projects that are registered with the HL7 Project Office, and for which there are formal project scope documentation
This section is for projects that have been considered in the Implementation committee and regarded as potentially useful, but for which there is no current activity:
- Implementation Guide Authoring Tool
These are projects that have been active, but which are not currently being progressed within the committee.
These are projects that have been closed.
- Implementation Guides Project
- Implementation Guides This is a comprehensive list of known IGs with references
Committee agenda topics
- FAQs on the HL7.org website -- how are they maintained
This section is for projects that are actively being developed in the Implementation committee
- ICTC SWOT-Analysis
- ICTC Strategic Plan
- Implementation Register
- Implementation Case Studies
- Mappings and Translations
- Implementation FAQ
- Implementation Guide This is a short overview of what an IG will do
- V3 flattening tools
- V3 Online Testing
- [[Chapter 2B Draft (for May 2011 WGM discussion)
- v2.x proposals
- v2.x conformance usage code interpretation
together with Vocabulary
Please find IC work group action items here: IC Action Items. They are categorized as Open and Closed.
- Implementation FAQ
- Test Cases
- Implementer Workshops
- Product V3 RCL
These documents are open documents for editing by any interested party:
- Conformance User Guide
- Conformance Implementation Manual
- Conformance Discussion
- Conformance Datatype Specialization Constraints
- Conformance FAQ
- Conformance Glossary
- Conformance Statement
- Eclipse OHF Conformance Questions
- Constraint Language
NICTIZ have created an implementation oriented discussion document related to conformance and artefact versioning:
Documents maintained by other committees
The following documents may be of interest / relevance to implementers, and you are encouraged to read / review / correct / improve them
- Example implementation guide
- IHE PIX-PDQ v3 Profile (english)
- CDA Release 2, see  (10 Mb) for a collection of CDA R2 examples, stylesheets and implementation guides. Examples from various realms. A more up-to-date version of this example collection is available here.
- Normative Edition 2006 examples and schema, see NE2006 Examples. The examples include examples from multiple Realms for multiple domains (e.g. Patient Admin, Lab, Medical Records)
- May2006 Ballot schema and schema, see German Realm May2006 Examples. Most examples are related to Patient Registries or Financial Coverage. Some schema have been constrained to fit the requirements of the German realm.
- NICTIZ (AORTA) schema and examples (mostly based on ballot 7), see Dutch Realm Ballot7 Examples. Most examples are related to PA, Pharmacy, Patient Care.
- "Navigating the pitfalls: Implementing HL7 version 3", edited by Rene Spronk, see Ringholm whitepaper. The contents have been included in the Implementation FAQ.
- NIST has installed a testserver for conformance testing of the POLB_IN111100 interaction (using May 2006 schema). E-mail your order message to email@example.com and it will respond with a one or more v3 interactions.
- Australian Healthcare Messaging Laboratory (AHML) - HL7 Testing and Certification Services
Working Group Meeting Agendas
- ICTC May 2011 WGM Agenda Orlando
- ICTC Jan 2011 WGM Agenda Sydney, Australia
- ICTC Oct 2010 WGM Agenda Cambridge
- ICTC May 2010 WGM Agenda Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
- ICTC Jan 2010 WGM Agenda Phoenix
- ICTC Sep 2009 WGM Agenda Atlanta
- ICTC May 2009 WGM Agenda Kyoto, Japan
- ICTC Jan 2009 WGM Agenda Orlando
- ICTC Sept 2008 WGM Agenda Vancouver, Canada
- ICTC May 2008 WGM Agenda Phoenix
- ICTC Jan 2008 WGM Agenda San Antonio
- ICTC Sept 2007 WGM agenda Atlanta
- Implementation May 2007 WGM agenda
- we have started maintaining the agendas within the Wiki with the Cologne mtg 05/2007!
- Jan 2007 WGM Agenda and Lunch
Conference Call Agenda and Minutes
- IC concalls 2011
- IC concalls 2010
- IC concalls 2009
- IC concalls 2008
- IC concalls 2007
- IC concalls 2006
The following links are provided for convenience but should not be used any more!