Difference between revisions of "Conformance May 2017 WGM Agenda"

From HL7Wiki
Jump to navigation Jump to search
 
(32 intermediate revisions by the same user not shown)
Line 1: Line 1:
 
=Proposed Agenda=
 
Just created, not yet edited for Madrid 2017
 
  
 
== Sunday ==
 
== Sunday ==
Line 53: Line 50:
 
*Health Metrics (optional)
 
*Health Metrics (optional)
 
</td>
 
</td>
   <td>''TBD''</td>
+
   <td>La Puebla</td>
 
   <td>
 
   <td>
 
*Host: Conformance
 
*Host: Conformance
Line 68: Line 65:
  
 
===General Conformance Discussion===
 
===General Conformance Discussion===
* Data Type Flavors Discussion
+
Primary Topics
 +
* Prepare for FHIR meeting on Wednesday
 +
* Prepare for meeting with HL7 & OO & AID for implementation package and validation of HL7v2
 +
* Conformance length in HL7 v2
 +
** Need to write the history
 +
** What is allowable in constraining?
 +
 
 +
Additional topics if there is time and interest
 
* Implementation Guide Template  
 
* Implementation Guide Template  
 
** Standardized conformance section (Boiler plate language that defines the definitions of conformance the way we want it defined. Included directly or referenced.)
 
** Standardized conformance section (Boiler plate language that defines the definitions of conformance the way we want it defined. Included directly or referenced.)
Line 83: Line 87:
  
 
   </td>
 
   </td>
   <td>''TBD''</td>
+
   <td>Chinchon</td>
 
   <td>
 
   <td>
 
*Host: Conformance
 
*Host: Conformance
Line 97: Line 101:
 
*continue discussion
 
*continue discussion
 
</td>
 
</td>
   <td>''TDB''</td>
+
   <td>Chinchon</td>
 
   <td>
 
   <td>
 
*Host: Conformance
 
*Host: Conformance
*Chair: Rob
+
*Chair: Frank
 
*Scribe: Nathan
 
*Scribe: Nathan
 
   </td>
 
   </td>
Line 175: Line 179:
 
   <td>
 
   <td>
 
===FHIR discussions===
 
===FHIR discussions===
*Implementation Guide
 
*Conformance Rules
 
 
*Versioning FHIR
 
*Versioning FHIR
 +
**[[Conformance_Position_on_FHIR_Versions]]
 +
**Update from FHIR
 +
*Additional items from FHIR that need to be discussed
 +
**FHIR QA Update
 +
*Templates
 +
**Formal method of converting profiles to templates and back
 +
*FHIR Conformance Review
 +
** Original document [[FHIR_Constraints_and_Rules]]
 +
** Need a FHIR expert to join us every other Monday to discuss conformance aspects
 +
** Create a slide set of any recommendations for improvements to FHIR to support conformance needs
 
Other items...
 
Other items...
*Discussion Item proposed by Mario:
+
*Implementation Guide
 +
*Discussion Item proposed by Mario Hyland:
  
 
: Regarding FHIR Lloyd MacKenzie has represented that FHIR as a specification will be versionless.  And as such the Capability Statement published by the FHIR Server which includes fhirVersion element (defined as an id - http://www.hl7.org/fhir/datatypes.html#id)
 
: Regarding FHIR Lloyd MacKenzie has represented that FHIR as a specification will be versionless.  And as such the Capability Statement published by the FHIR Server which includes fhirVersion element (defined as an id - http://www.hl7.org/fhir/datatypes.html#id)
Line 192: Line 205:
  
 
</td>
 
</td>
<td><i>TBD</i></td>
+
<td>Burdeos</td>
 
   <td>
 
   <td>
 
Host: Conformance<br/>
 
Host: Conformance<br/>
Line 206: Line 219:
  
 
===General Conformance Discussion (final)===
 
===General Conformance Discussion (final)===
 +
*Data Type Flavors Discussion
 +
*Conformance statement versus small value set (question from PHER)
 
*Wrap-up and Admin
 
*Wrap-up and Admin
 
**May 2017 WGM agenda planning
 
**May 2017 WGM agenda planning
  
 
</td>
 
</td>
   <td><i>TBD</i></td>
+
   <td>Esquivias</td>
 
   <td>
 
   <td>
 
Host: Conformance<br/>
 
Host: Conformance<br/>
Line 242: Line 257:
  
 
</td>
 
</td>
   <td><i>TBD</i></td>
+
   <td>Alcudia</td>
 
   <td>Host: Vocab</td>
 
   <td>Host: Vocab</td>
 
  </tr>
 
  </tr>
Line 251: Line 266:
 
*Vocabulary [http://wiki.hl7.org/index.php?title=Binding_Syntax Binding Syntax: Requirements]
 
*Vocabulary [http://wiki.hl7.org/index.php?title=Binding_Syntax Binding Syntax: Requirements]
 
</td>
 
</td>
   <td><i>TBD</i></td>
+
   <td>Alcudia</td>
 
   <td>Host: Vocab</td>
 
   <td>Host: Vocab</td>
 
  </tr>
 
  </tr>
Line 262: Line 277:
 
===Vocabulary===
 
===Vocabulary===
 
</td>
 
</td>
   <td><i>TBD</i></td>
+
   <td>Alcudia</td>
 
   <td>Host: Vocab</td>
 
   <td>Host: Vocab</td>
 
  </tr>
 
  </tr>
Line 299: Line 314:
 
   <tr>
 
   <tr>
 
   <th bgcolor=#aef3e7>Q1</th>
 
   <th bgcolor=#aef3e7>Q1</th>
   <td>9:00 AM - 10:30 AM</td>
+
   <td>10:00 AM - 11:30 AM</td>
 
   </tr>
 
   </tr>
 
   <tr>
 
   <tr>
 
   <th bgcolor=#aef3e7>Q2</th>
 
   <th bgcolor=#aef3e7>Q2</th>
   <td>11:00 AM - 12:30 PM</td>
+
   <td>12:00 PM - 1:30 PM</td>
 
   </tr>
 
   </tr>
 
   <tr>
 
   <tr>
 
   <th bgcolor=#aef3e7>Q3</th>
 
   <th bgcolor=#aef3e7>Q3</th>
   <td>1:45 PM - 3:00 PM</td>
+
   <td>2:45 PM - 4:00 PM</td>
 
   </tr>
 
   </tr>
 
   <tr>
 
   <tr>
 
   <th bgcolor=#aef3e7>Q4</th>
 
   <th bgcolor=#aef3e7>Q4</th>
   <td>3:30 PM - 5:00 PM</td>
+
   <td>4:30 PM - 6:00 PM</td>
 
   </tr>
 
   </tr>
 
</table>
 
</table>

Latest revision as of 10:44, 11 May 2017

Sunday

Quarter Agenda Room Responsibilities
Q1 not meeting
Q2 not meeting
Q3 not meeting
Q4 not meeting

Monday

Quarter Agenda Room Responsibilities
Q1 not meeting - Mini-Plenary
Q2

Admin

  • Review and make final changes for agenda for WGM
  • Projects review
  • Review Gforge tracker items (new, assigned, open, etc.)
  • Health Metrics (optional)
La Puebla
  • Host: Conformance
  • Chair: Nathan
  • Scribe: Rob
Lunch
Q3

General Conformance Discussion

Primary Topics

  • Prepare for FHIR meeting on Wednesday
  • Prepare for meeting with HL7 & OO & AID for implementation package and validation of HL7v2
  • Conformance length in HL7 v2
    • Need to write the history
    • What is allowable in constraining?

Additional topics if there is time and interest

  • Implementation Guide Template
    • Standardized conformance section (Boiler plate language that defines the definitions of conformance the way we want it defined. Included directly or referenced.)
  • Pulling out Chapter 2B. Needs a new title: HL7 V2 Conformance Model ?
    • Higher level of constraint definitions that cross product families
  • General V2 Test Cases
  • Specification of Co-Constraints
    • Issues associated with giving constraints on items such as Observation (OBX) segments. Every guide author is using different ways of defining the co-constraints.
    • Discuss ideas about how to standardize the expression of these co-constraints.
    • Asking for feedback in regards to how this is done in other standards such as V3, FHIR, etc.
  • Need a best-practices/recommendations for properly using conformance
    • Conformance supports business requirements, business rules determine how to process receiving data
    • How to handle HL7 versions you don't expect
Chinchon
  • Host: Conformance
  • Chair: Rob
  • Scribe: Nathan
Q4

General Conformance Discussion

  • continue discussion
Chinchon
  • Host: Conformance
  • Chair: Frank
  • Scribe: Nathan

Tuesday

Quarter Agenda Room Responsibilities
Q1

Conformance within Immunization Space

Postponed until September

Q2

Conformance Tooling Demonstrations

Postponed until September

Lunch
Q3

Joint Discussion with InM

Postpone until September

Q4 Not Meeting

Wednesday

Quarter Agenda Room Responsibilities
Q1 not meeting - Conformance Tutorial
Q2 not meeting - Conformance Tutorial
Lunch
Q3

FHIR discussions

  • Versioning FHIR
  • Additional items from FHIR that need to be discussed
    • FHIR QA Update
  • Templates
    • Formal method of converting profiles to templates and back
  • FHIR Conformance Review
    • Original document FHIR_Constraints_and_Rules
    • Need a FHIR expert to join us every other Monday to discuss conformance aspects
    • Create a slide set of any recommendations for improvements to FHIR to support conformance needs

Other items...

  • Implementation Guide
  • Discussion Item proposed by Mario Hyland:
Regarding FHIR Lloyd MacKenzie has represented that FHIR as a specification will be versionless. And as such the Capability Statement published by the FHIR Server which includes fhirVersion element (defined as an id - http://www.hl7.org/fhir/datatypes.html#id)
"Any combination of upper or lower case ASCII letters ('A'..'Z', and 'a'..'z', numerals ('0'..'9'), '-' and '.', with a length limit of 64 characters. (This might be an integer, an un-prefixed OID, UUID or any other identifier pattern that meets these constraints.)"
When we review the approach to Publishing FHIR (see http://hl7.org/fhir/directory.html) we believe it would best practice for FHIR to make fhirVersion a coded-value-set.
The purpose of this discussion would be to provide Lloyd (FHIR Management) a forum to explain to the Conformance community how the FHIR Team envision "Continuous Interoperability" as Resources, Profiles, and FHIR progress with versions and higher FMM.
We see / envision FHIR capable services and servers acting as either a gateway to a FHIR based infrastructure or a gateway to an existing EHR/other Enterprise Architecture think VA). How would a FHIR interface manage a resource which was created and updated without one version of a profile, then the resource or profile goes through a rare (but expected event) breaking change.
Burdeos

Host: Conformance
Joining: FHIR-I, Templates
Chair: Frank
Scribe: Nathan

Q4

General Conformance Discussion (final)

  • Data Type Flavors Discussion
  • Conformance statement versus small value set (question from PHER)
  • Wrap-up and Admin
    • May 2017 WGM agenda planning
Esquivias

Host: Conformance
Chair: Rob
Scribe: Nathan

Thursday

Quarter Agenda Room Responsibilities
Q1

Vocabulary

  • Terminology Quality Assurance
  • Tables Project

Items that can be discussed Thursday AM

  • Table 0163 and 0550.
  • Adding new codes to HL7 tables (what code system to use, what is the process)
  • How to use the new code systems (hl7 table project)
Alcudia Host: Vocab
Q2

Vocabulary

Alcudia Host: Vocab
Lunch
Q3

Vocabulary

Alcudia Host: Vocab
Q4 not meeting

Friday

Quarter Agenda Room Responsibilities
Q1 not meeting
Q1 not meeting

Quarter Times

Quarter Time
Q1 10:00 AM - 11:30 AM
Q2 12:00 PM - 1:30 PM
Q3 2:45 PM - 4:00 PM
Q4 4:30 PM - 6:00 PM