CommunicationRequest FHIR Resource Proposal
- 1 CommunicationRequest
- 1.1 Owning committee name
- 1.2 Contributing or Reviewing Work Groups
- 1.3 FHIR Resource Development Project Insight ID
- 1.4 Scope of coverage
- 1.5 RIM scope
- 1.6 Resource appropriateness
- 1.7 Expected implementations
- 1.8 Content sources
- 1.9 Example Scenarios
- 1.10 Resource Relationships
- 1.11 Timelines
- 1.12 gForge Users
Owning committee name
Contributing or Reviewing Work Groups
FHIR Resource Development Project Insight ID
Scope of coverage
This resource is a record of a request for a communication to be performed. A communication is a conveyance of information from one entity, a sender, to another entity, a receiver. The sender and receivers may be patients, practitioners, related persons, organizations, and devices.
Lloyd to provide
Communications are foundational to the coordination and delivery of care. The Communication resource captures communications between the various stakeholders involved in the provision of care. This may include provider-to-provider exchanges as well as patient-to-provider exchanges. Communications are not limited to human senders and recipients.
At this time, communication requests are the most common type of proposals made by Clinical Decision Support Systems. These generally take the form of notification messages or alerts but may also include patient education communication requests (e.g., a rule executing an infobutton query based on its metadata and patient-specific information)
- Unified Communication System (SOA)
Uses of communication request include
- A computer-based decision-support system requesting a reminder or alert be delivered to a responsible provider
- A physician requesting notification from the nurse if a patient's temperature exceeds a value
- A monitoring system or a provider requesting a staff member or department to notify a public health agency of a patient presenting with a reportable communicable disease public health agency
As indicated above the request, may represent an order that entered by a practitioner in a CPOE system as well as a proposal made by a clinical decision support system (CDSS) based on a patient's clinical record and context of care.
A communication is a conveyance of information from one entity, a sender, to another entity, a receiver. The sender and receivers may be patients, practitioners, related persons, organizations, and devices.
For additional information, please refer to the proposed resource: http://hl7-fhir.github.io/communicationrequest.html
May 2015 DSTU