Common Product Model
This page will be used to discuss the content and publication of the Common Product Model.
Ambitions & Scope
The Common Product Model (CPM) will be an overarching domain information model relating to the HL7 v3 modeling of any kind (or instance) of a 'product'. The definition of the term product is intentionally kept loose at this point, but will definitely include:
- Medication, incl. vaccines
- Devices used in medical services
- Anything else a person can be exposed to
The CPM is set up as a joint initiative within HL7 project, 'sponsored' by the O&O work group.
The following stakeholders have been identified:
- Pharmacy (for Medication and possibly for devices)
- Patient Safety (for Individual Case Safety Reports)
- RCRIM (for Structured Product Labeling and Regulated Product Submissions)
- PHER (for vaccines used in Immunization)
This space will list a number of storyboards that relate to the different perspectives on what a product is and how it is used.
These storyboards are divided into groups:
- Pharmacy related storyboards
- ICSR related storyboards
- SPL related storyboards
- Regulated Product Submission Release 2 (RPS R2) Storyboards (not specific to CPM)
- Immunization related storyboards
Current CPM Technical Corrections
Here is a list of issues that require technical corrections to the CPM. Each point is followed by the proposed correction.
- There are a number of Marketing Authorization Dates: First Authorization Date, Renewal Date, Variation Date, Withdrawal Date, Expiry Date
- Provide a recursive COMP relationship from an authorization to itself.
- Each Marketing Authorization produces a GTIN
- Provide a SubjectOf shadow from IdentifiedEntity.
- IdentifiedEntity needs an effectiveTime
- SubjectOf needs a time to indicate when the relevant product information took effect
- We need to indicate the dose form and the product classification that the marketing authorization pertains to.*
- We need to have the address of the governing agency address.
- How to tie the Marketing Authorization Procedure to the marketing authorization.
- How do we indicate the point where a measurement was made.
- How do we indicate a country or countries where an Ingredient Strength quantity is valid.
- There needs to be a way to link characteristics to each other - either as a grouping of related characteristics or as a parent/child relationship.
- How to indicate the Gene and the specific Gene element that a Substance is derived from?
- We have a status and domain of names.
- Many codes have a status and change date of the code.
- Need to indicate a substance that is related to a characteristic (antigen ID for cells)
- How to indicate what the amount of a moiety is (mole ratio, weight percent) - this may be similar to the "Amount Type" that is present on all amounts.
- We need a "SubjectOf" relationship on the NamedEntity to indicate reference information for the names.
- How to indicate how much of a substance is related to a substance specification's observation?
- Need to provide documentation of a characteristic.
- We have processSteps that have sub-processSteps. SubstanceSpecification does not allow this.