Common Product Model
This page will be used to discuss the content and publication of the Common Product Model.
Ambitions & Scope
The Common Product Model (CPM) will be an overarching domain information model relating to the HL7 v3 modeling of any kind or instance of a 'product'. The definition of product is intentionally kept loose at this point, but will definitely include:
- Medication, incl. vaccines
- Devices used in medical services
- Anything else a person can be exposed to
The CPM is set up as a joint initiative within HL7, 'sponsored' by the O&O work group. The stakeholders that have been identified are:
- Pharmacy (for Medication and possibly for devices)
- Patient Safety (for Individual Case Safety Reports)
- RCRIM (for Structured Product Labeling)
- PHER (for vaccines used in Immunization)
This space will list a number of storyboards that relate to the different perspectives on what a product is and how it is used.
These storyboards are divided into groups: