Common Product Model
This page will be used to discuss the content and publication of the Common Product Model.
Ambitions & Scope
The Common Product Model (CPM) will be an overarching domain information model relating to the HL7 v3 modeling of any kind (or instance) of a 'product'. The definition of the term product is intentionally kept loose at this point, but will definitely include:
- Medication, incl. vaccines
- Devices used in medical services
- Anything else a person can be exposed to
The CPM is set up as a joint initiative within HL7 project, 'sponsored' by the O&O work group.
The following stakeholders have been identified:
- Pharmacy (for Medication and possibly for devices)
- Patient Safety (for Individual Case Safety Reports)
- RCRIM (for Structured Product Labeling, Regulated Product Submissions, and Drug Product Stability)
- PHER (for vaccines used in Immunization)
This space will list a number of storyboards that relate to the different perspectives on what a product is and how it is used.
These storyboards are divided into groups:
- Pharmacy related storyboards
- ICSR related storyboards
- SPL related storyboards
- Regulated Product Submission Release 2 (RPS R2) Storyboards (not specific to CPM)
- Immunization related storyboards
CPM Governance as adopted during the San Diego WGM Sept 2011
The SVN repository is at http://gforge.hl7.org/svn/hl7v3/trunk/cpm
CPM Technical Corrections
Details of Current Technical Corrections and Archived Technical Corrections can be found on separate pages by clicking on the links below.
February 16, 2012
Attendees: Hugh Glover, Gunther Schadow, Myron Finseth, Keith Thomas, Hans Buitendijk, Rob Savage
- How to tie IDMP back to CPM
- Harmonization Proposals (9 total - 3 a week)
- Technical Corrections
- IDMP to CPM
- So far we grew CPM to cover IDMP, but is becoming unwieldy.
- Primary objection/concerns that if you unroll CPM people get schemas that are new to them.
- Present CPM with CMETs, but include guidance on where things for IDMP, how to thread it together, serialization.
- Should that information in CPM or IDMP implementation documentation? Should be in IDMP documentation.
- We're reviewing it here as there will be adjustments likely.
- IDMP is on same May Ballot Cycle.