Difference between revisions of "Co-Chair Handbook Information"
|Line 1:||Line 1:|
[[Category:HowTo|How to Be a Co-chair]]
[[Category:HowTo|How to Be a Co-chair]]
Revision as of 19:07, 12 December 2019
- 1 Outdated Content Warning
- 1.1 Co-Chair Welcome
- 1.2 Read Me
- 1.3 HL7 Governance
- 1.4 Process Management/Document Approvals
- 1.5 Facilitator Responsibilities
- 1.6 Cycle deadlines
- 1.7 Resource Categories
Outdated Content Warning
The Co-Chair Handbook is currently being updated. Information on this page should be considered outdated until further notice.
Thanks so much for serving as an HL7 Co-Chair. We’ve created this wiki to make it easier to find items you may need. Over time we plan to add webinars to provide “on demand” instructions. We’ve included a link to the current Co-Chair Handbook in case you prefer a .pdf document.
If you have not had a chance to attend the co-chair training at a Working Group Meeting, the New Co-Chair Training slideshow may be informative.
Suggestions for improvements/corrections to this document should be sent to the Associate Executive Director of HL7 (Karenvan@hl7.org) and the Co-chairs of the Process Improvement WG, or enter your suggestions at PIC:COCHAIRS using the template provided or email the PIC List Service (email@example.com)
The HL7 Bylaws and GOM contain information for governance of the organization, but also contain guidance on Work Groups, balloting, etc., especially found in the Governance and Operations Manual (GOM).
- The Bylaws is a static document and requires an administrative vote by HL7 membership to alter.
- The GOM is a dynamic document; any HL7 member can suggest a change by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org The GOM is updated three times per year.
- For the most current organization chart with explanation of Steering Divisions (SD), WGs, and Board appointed committees please refer to the Organization and Process documentation which can be found in the Organization and Process presentation
- See the Co-chair Utility Page/Procedures for more useful links
- ANSI Essential Requirements
- HL7 Governance and Operations Manual (GOM)
- The HL7 Essential Requirements: Due Process Requirements for HL7 American National Standards (HL7 ER) – may be updated three times a year
Process Management/Document Approvals
|ITEM||Frequency||WG approval required||SD approval required||TSC approval required||Comment|
|M&C||Every 2 years||Yes||Yes*||No||At least every 2 years or more frequently as change happens.|
*If existing M&C is ratified without changes, notification to SD and HQ is sufficient; re-approval by SD not needed
|SWOT||Every 3 years||Yes||No||No||At least every 3 years or more frequently as change happens.|
|DMP||Every 3 years||Yes||No||No||At least every 3 years or more frequently as change happens. After approval send to PIC for review and Anne@HL7 dot org for publication|
|Project Scope Statement (PSS)||Once*||Yes||Yes||Yes||"If FHIR-related PSS, also needs FMG approval simultaneous with SD |
*Review and reapproval after 5 years"
|PSS update for DSTU going Normative||Once||Yes||No||Yes||Triggers notification to ANSI; starts 18-month clock to ballot|
|NIB||Each cycle balloting||Yes||No||No|
|Publication request||Once||Yes||No||Yes||For Normative, Informative, DSTU, or unballoted DSTU update|
|Notice of Withdrawal of a Protocol Specification||Once||Yes||No||Yes|
|Close of project never balloted||Once||Yes||No||No||Notify PMO to close project|
|Errata publication||Once||Yes||No||No||Use publication request form and submit to the CTO (Wayne Kubick) and Director of Technical Publications (Lynn Laakso)|
- Facilitators Summary of Expectations
- Vocabulary Facilitator Responsibilities
- Steering Division and Project Facilitator Responsibilities.
- 2018-10-12: Deadline to request meeting space at the 2019Jan WGM (WG Health metric)
- 2018-10-15: Deadline to submit new project scope statements with deliverables in the 2019Jan ballot cycle to email@example.com
- 2018-10-19: Deadline to post your minutes from the Baltimore WGM (WG Health metric)
- 2018-10-16: Initial Harmonization proposals due
- 2018-10-19: Deadline to notify HQ of additions/changes/corrections to co-chair openings
- 2018-10-24: Co-Chair call for nominations opens
- 2018-10-28: Deadline to submit the online Notification of Intent to Ballot (NIB)
- 2018-10-30: TSC Appeal Deadline for missed NIB deadline
- 2018-11-06: Final Harmonization proposals due
- 2018-11-08: Harmonization Conference Call (WG Health metric: participation in the call or notifying the harmonization listserve that your WG has reviewed with no changes)
- 2018-11-11: Initial content deadline
- 2018-11-13: TSC Appeal Deadline for missed initial content deadline
- 2018-11-18: Reconciliation of previous ballots must be completed and posted to the ballot website
- 2018-11-20: TSC Deadline to appeal missed reconciliation deadline
- 2018-11-23: Co-Chair Nominations Close at 5:00 pm Eastern
- 2018-11-25: FHIR core and base IG substantive change freeze/V3 Complete and Supporting Content Deadlines
- 2018-11-27: TSC Appeal Deadline for missed content deadline
- 2018-12-02: Final content deadline
- 2018-12-04: TSC Appeal Deadline for missed content deadline
- 2018-12-07: Co-Chair election statements due to HQ
- 2018-12-07: Provisional ballot opening
- 2018-12-12: Co-chair election statements e-mailed to membership
- 2018-12-14: Deadline to post your WGM agenda on the WGM information page (WG Health metric)
- Review (interim) WGH and notify Anne of changes to Mission and Charter, DMP, SWOTs for WGH
- Review interim PBS Metrics and notify Dave Hamill of changes to 3-year plans, closing projects for PBS Metrics
- press release forms at http://www.hl7.org/documentcenter/public/utilities/Press%20Release%20Request%20Form.doc
- Updates to Facilitator List