Difference between revisions of "ChargeItemDefinition FHIR Resource Proposal"
|Line 57:||Line 57:|
Revision as of 21:04, 7 November 2018
- 1 ChargeItemDefinition
- 1.1 Owning committee name
- 1.2 Committee Approval Date:
- 1.3 Contributing or Reviewing Work Groups
- 1.4 FHIR Resource Development Project Insight ID
- 1.5 Scope of coverage
- 1.6 RIM scope
- 1.7 Resource appropriateness
- 1.8 Expected implementations
- 1.9 Content sources
- 1.10 Example Scenarios
- 1.11 Resource Relationships
- 1.12 Timelines
- 1.13 gForge Users
- 1.14 When Resource Proposal Is Complete
Owning committee name
Committee Approval Date:
PA approval: 7 Feb 2018 (Simone Heckman, Brian Postlethwaite 2-0-1)
FM approval: 14 May 2018
Contributing or Reviewing Work Groups
FHIR Resource Development Project Insight ID
Scope of coverage
The existing ChargeItem Resource specifies the instance of a charge item that documents billable codes for items and services rendered. The details, prices and rules associated with billing codes exist however, independent from these instances.
Following up on the discussion in Zulip, such details should be kept in separate Resources and not as properties of the codes, as such things as prices may change over time and independently from the CodeSystem lifecycle.
Billable Clinical Act in Definition Mood
Tracking Financial information is vital in Patient Administration and Finance systems in most Healthcare Organizations. This resource provides the properties that apply to the (billing) codes necessary to calculate costs and prices. The properties may differ largely depending on type and realm, therefore this resource gives only a rough structure and requires profiling for each type of billing code system.
- Any solution that tracks billing information and needs to calculate prices and cost
- German statutory health services billing catalogue: http://www.kbv.de/html/online-ebm.php
- DRG Catalogue http://www.g-drg.de/content/download/7388/55411/version/1/file/Fallpauschalen_Katalog_2018_171124.xlsx
Please note that all such catalog definitions will be realm specific and need profiles for the ChargeItemDefinition in order to be useful.
In order to determine the actual price of a ChargeItem (when becoming an Invoice.lineItem) a billing engine needs to know base/unit prices, applicable surcharges and discounts and the rules associated with their application. The ChargeItemDefinition provides this information in an exchangeable and standardized form.
The aim is to have a draft (Maturity 0) ready for 4.0 timeline.
When Resource Proposal Is Complete
When you have completed your proposal, please send an email to FMGcontact@HL7.org