Care Plan Topic & Ordersets
return to: Patient Care
Current Activity: Care Plan is Draft, we need support to work on this item
Order Sets is from Clinical Decision Support this is usually discussed during the Monday Q4 meetings at WGM, joint with CDS and O&O.
Note: **Under Construction**
The Care Plan structure is used to define the management action plans for the various concerns identified for the target of care. It is the structure in which the care planning for all individual professions or for groups of professionals can be organized, planned and checked for completion. Communicating explicitly documented and planned actions and goals greatly aids the team in understanding and coordinating the actions that need to be performed for the person. Care plans also permit the monitoring and flagging of unperformed activities and unmet goals for later follow up.
Use Cases and Storyboards
Discussions at Phoenix WGM - January 2010
The (informal) discussion during Wed Q3 & Q4 discussed how to move the Care Planning in the context of HL7 work forward. It reviewed (at a high level) the IHE work, existing HL7 (within CDA and Care Provision)work and came up with a proposed set of action items:
- Create Project Scope Statement
- Define the topic to cover 'Care Plan', 'Plan of Care', ' Care Pathway' etc
- European Pathway Association 
- Validate existing care delivery approach in multiple domains to ensure it is generically applicable
- Review and update:
- RMIM (ensuring Clinical Statement conformance)
- Use cases
- Review HITSP C162 and C83
- Ensure international considerations are supported
- Evaluate IHE PPOS workflow/dataflow model
Discussion issues are:
- It is about the development of a framework of the care plan (problem solving)?
- How to document and model the framework?
- What do we want to send? the structure of the Care Plan, the outcome of the Care Plan etc? The uses cases that must be developed will give directions.Which messages?
- Will it be a CDA document or is it part of Care Provision or both?
- Is it a project of Patient Care or of Structured Documents?
How to move further: