Care Plan Project 2012
Return to: Patient Care
This is a new Care Plan Project 2012.
This wiki page contains latest contents for the Care Project post September 2012 WGM at Baltimore.
It includes information on a collaboration project with SOA group to define Care Coordination Services (CCS)
- 1 Introduction
- 2 Working Documents and Project Deliverables
- 3 Links to Other Related and Relevant Projects
- 4 Project Scope
- 5 Project Objectives and Outcomes
- 6 Care Plan Project Archives
- 7 Participants
- 8 Action items
Care Plan has been balloted in 2007 as DSTU. However, a number of ballot issues were not resolved satisfactorily and consequently the balloted contents did not reach DSTU status.
The project plan initiated in 2011 is to first develop a Domain Analysis Model (DAM) for the Care Plan, and then decide on follow on activities. The HDF 1.5 (HL7 development framework) approach will be followed. HL7 PC will work together with various groups including HL7 Work Groups (e.g. EHR, Structured documents), IHE, NEHTA, Canada Health Infoway, and others.
- Laura Heermann Langford
- Intermountain Healthcare, USA
- Phone: 801.290.6888
- Email: Laura.Heermann@imail.org
- Stephen Chu, MD
- NEHTA Australia
- Phone: +61.416.960.333
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Care Plan project team meets via conference call on a fortnightly basis. The group will report to the HL7 Patient Care Workgroup through one of the Co-Chair or at the HL7 meetings.
- Standing Meeting Date/Time: every second Wednesday at 17h00 NA Eastern Time /16h00 NA Central Time/ 15h00 NA Midwest Time/ 14h00 NA Pacific Time/ 22h00 UK / 23h00 Central Europe / 07h00 Australia (Eastern Standard Time)
- Interim meetings can be scheduled if needed.
- Duration: 90 to 120 minutes (1,5 to 2 hours)
- Call Logistics- voice
- Phone Number: 770-657-9270
- Participant Passcode: 943377#
- Call Logistics- screen sharing/
Web conferencing URL:
Participant code: 97480804
Meeting Agendas and Minutes
Post September 2012 Baltimore WGM Meetings:
Archives of Meeting Agenda and Minutes prior to September 2012 Baltimore WGM:
Working Documents and Project Deliverables
Note: the following list of documents/deliverables will change as the project progresses.
Draft Care Plan DAM Specification for Informative Ballot 1 - September 2013:
Comparison of International Care Plan Structure as at 2011:
Coordinated Care Services Specification:
Links to Other Related and Relevant Projects
Care Coordination Services Project details:
ONC/LCC Project website:
Structured Document WG: C-CDA Care Plan Template Project:
This wiki page provides drafts, updates to, and discussion forum on C-CDA Care Plan Templates work.
Structured Document WG: CDA Implementation Guilde Project on Clinical Oncology Treatment Plan and Summary:
As per Project Scope Statement documents.
To include link to Care Plan 2012 Project Scope Statement document when approved by TSC
Also to include Care Coordination Services Project Scope Statement document when approved by TSC
Project Objectives and Outcomes
To be revised. 1. Domain Analysis Model with the following deliverables (together with SD WG):
- Definitions of Care Plan and others.
- Work on storyboards and use cases (multiple). Emergency, Clinical hospital (discharge), Nursing home, chronic disease, primary care. Multidisciplinary. Example use cases can be: 1 chronic condition, obstetric case with transfer. After that CDA can use the work that is be done. CDS is an addition to the messages which already exist. They must be updated.
- Dynamic model for the Care Plan Topic
- Structural model. -> DAM (HDF within HL7)
Project Work Plan and Timeline
As per Care Plan Project Scope Statement.
Care Plan Project Archives
Care Plan Topic project (Project contents prior to 2011)
Project Team and Ressources
Primary Sponsor/Work Group is Patient Care WG
|Project Co-Lead||Laura Heermann Langford||Laura.Heermann@imail.org|
|Project Co-Lead||Stephen Chuemail@example.com||Co-Chair PCWG|
|Modeling facilitator||Enrique Menesesfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Domain expert representative 1||Stephen Chu|
|Domain expert representative 2||Kevin Coonan|
|Domain expert representative 3||Susan Campbell??|
|Data Analyst facilitator||??|
|Business requirement analyst||??|
|Requirements process facilitator|
|Business requirement analyst|
|Requirements process facilitator||??|
Users of Care Plan
Contributors of the Care Plan Topic
To be revised.
|Collaborating with||Agreement status||Comments|
|CEN||Existing||Swedish Care Plan project|
Download CEN materials from Sweden here: http://www.hl7.org/Special/committees/patientcare/docs.cfm
See also the reference material wiki page (link above)
Most will be done in normal committee work time, and online via meetings.
To be defined.
Table to be inserted.
=Ballot strategy - general||
To be defined.