CSCR-071 Act Relationship Changes
Back to Clinical Statement Change Requests page.
|Submitted by: Austin Kreisler||Revision date: <<Revision Date>>|
|Submitted date: 12/17/2007||Change request ID: CSCR-071|
The Clinical Statement Pattern enforces some requirements on ActRelationships that need to be relaxed. We also need to have the some attributes added also.
- Make sourceOf2/targetOf and SourceOf1 inversionInd optional.
- Make sourceOf2/targetOf and SourceOf1 separateableInd optional
- Add priorityNumber attribute to sourceOf2/targetOf, component and SourceOf1 act relationships as optional, with [0..1] cardinality.
- Add localVariableName to sourceOf2/targetOf and SourceOf1 act relationships as optional with [0..1] cardinality.
- In some cases we do not want to allow the use of inversionInd in a design. Since this attribute is required, we must include it in a design to be consistent with clinical statement, even when it doesn’t make sense to use the attribute. We may want an act relationship to be traversed in a single direction. This is particularly important when cloning clinical statement and unwrapping the sourceOf2/targetOf act relationship.
- The separateableInd attribute is providing guidance only, since the definition states that it can’t prevent the application from separating the acts even if the indicator shows otherwise. In many designs, particularly where the act relationship is being unwrapped, it’s not necessary to worry about the separation of acts.
- The addition of priorityNumber to the sourceOf2/targetOf, component and SourceOf1 act relationships will allow more precise sequencing of similar act relationships. This can be important for sequencing or order components, or prioritizing reasons, etc.
- The addition of the localVariableName attribute the sourceOf2/targetOf and SourceOf1 act relationships will be used in conjunction with the derivedFrom (DRIV) act relationship and the Observation.derivationExpression to allow communication of how derived values are computed.
Recommended Action Items
Make the following changes to the SourceOf/TargetOf Act Relationship: inversionInd (optional): BL [0..1] separateableInd (optional): INT [0..1] priorityNumber (optional): INT [0..1] localVariableName (optional) ST [0..1]
Add a constraint that localVariableName is used only if the ActRelationship classCode is DRIV.
Jan 17, 2008 - Motion to accept as proposed. Austin, William. Against: 0; Abstain: 9; In Favor: 20.
Sep 8, 2008 - v1.0.01 of CSP updated - CVB