CDA Implementation Guide Quality Criteria
Return to SDWG page.
Project Scope Statement (approved by SDWG, pending TSC approval): http://wiki.hl7.org/index.php?title=File:HL7_Project_Scope_Statement_v2012_Quality_Criteria_for_CDA_IGs.06Sept2012.docx
NOTE: This is a draft starter set of CDA Implementation Guide Quality Criteria. HL7 Structured Documents WG is putting together a Project Scope Statement to flesh these out in more detail. For now, think of this page more as a scratch pad where anyone can list their suggestions.
Suggested CDA Implementation Guide Quality Criteria
- Title page
- Title is specified
- Realm is specified
- Ballot type (e.g. DSTU vs. ??) is specified
- Date is specified
- HL7 logo is present
- Each template has a narrative description
- Constraints are ordered per the CDA schema
- Version? Usage? Edition?
- Guide specifies both normative and inferred or inherited constraints, but clearly differentiates between them with visual cues
- Guide is published both in a concise version for normative purposes, including only constraints unique to the guide, and in a verbose version for developers, making all constraints explicit, whether unique to the guide or inherited
- Value sets
- Are linked to templates using normative binding syntax
- Each value set is referenced via a value set OID
- Each code in a value set has a specified code system OID
- SNOMED CT value sets adhere to TermInfo conformance rules
- Inline examples are present for all templates
- A stand alone complete sample file is present
- Extensions [suggested addition:Lisa Nelson]
- A table summarizes all extensions
- Modified Schema including all extensions
- Validation Guidance [suggested addition:Lisa Nelson, Virinder Batra]
- A table listing the available validation mechanisms
- Guidance on how to handle situations where a document instance validates under one mechanism, but generates errors under a different recommended validation mechanism.