Batch Based Interaction
Glossary definition: A package of information communicated from one application to another.
An Interaction which consists of:
- The creation of the XML-schema requires some manual editing, see Batch Wrapper Schema
- What would an example instance look like?
<MCCI_IN200100> <id/> <creationTime/> <responseModeCode/> ... <POLB_IN111000> ... </POLB_IN111000> <POLB_IN111007> ... </POLB_IN111007> <MCCI_IN200100> ... </MCCI_IN200100> ... </MCCI_IN200100>
Note: the children of e.g. POLB_IN111000 are just as if you were sending that interaction by itself
- Should the schema for the batch interaction (MCCI_IN200100) report validation errors for the interactions contained within it?
- The contents of a batch interaction can be any combination of any message-based-interaction or batch-based-interaction. As such the creation of a schema for a batch interaction which validates all possible content is problematic.
- A Batch wrapper is currently viewed as something one solely uses to group interactions for transmission purposes. The expected behaviour is that a receiver strips off the batch wrapper, and processes the individual interactions within the batch as if they had been received as separate message instances.
Both things lead to a batch interaction schema that does NOT validate its contents.