Ballot Resolution Best Practices
Jump to navigation Jump to search
This page collects known best practices for ballot reconciliation
- In all procedures the Work Group co-chairs and facilitator SHALL follow the HL7 Governance and Operations Manual.
- A facilitator SHALL be assigned for the ballot package.
- The facilitator of reconciliation SHALL organize the ballot spreadsheet including all of the comments
- The facilitator SHALL upload the comment spreadsheet to GFORGE for tracking until reconciliation is finalized.
- The facilitator SHOULD attempt to harmonize comment resolution prior to the WG meeting, whether teleconference or F-F.
- The facilitator SHALL Triage Ballot Line Items
- ASAP before meeting
- identify incomplete ballot submissions
- check for out of scope comments
- open email dialog about any unclear comments
- priorities line items for committee
- do committee referrals to other committees
- Schedule committee time
- based on who can attend when
- resolve line items by email where possible
- Overflow on telecons.
- Make sure all participants can easily navigate the spread sheet (add own id for this at +1)
- The facilitator SHALL use the "Comment Grouping" Column of the ballot spreadsheet to indicate blocks.
- Once a block is created, the facilitator will announce to the list
- Block name
- Item numbers (NOT EXCEL line numbers) including vote type(e.g. Persuasive, Persuasive with mod, etc.)
- The date/time for the vote on the block
- Objections to the contents of the block:
- Those who object to any comment being included in the block SHOULD announce to the list including Item Numbers and reason for requesting removal from the block
- During teleconference or F-F meeting
- Facilitator MAY present the block prior to making a motion
- Facilitator MAY present a motion, obtain second and then discuss the block.
- The assembled group MAY add to or subtract from the block prior to the vote.
- The InM Scribe for the meeting will record:
- Block name
- Item numbers with vote type
- Names of mover and seconder
- The facilitator will transfer the vote to the ballot comment spreadsheet
- The facilitator SHALL upload the comment spreadsheet to GFORGE .
- Those not present at the meeting may register an objection by notifying the list,
- A co-chair will add the objection to the order of business for the next meeting.
- If time is of the essence, the co-chair SHOULD star an Email vote using the process in the Work Group Decision Making Practice.
- Appeals may be elevated to the Steering Division
- The facilitator SHALL upload the FINAL ballot spreadsheet to GFORGE.
- The facilitator SHALL upload the FINAL ballot spreadsheet to the ballot site.
- A co-chair SHALL use the ballot site tally functions to request withdrawals by voters.