This wiki has undergone a migration to Confluence found Here

Difference between revisions of "August 10 2016 Education Telecon"

From HL7Wiki
Jump to navigation Jump to search
(Created page with "==Agenda== ===Call to Order=== *Call and Gotomeeting info: Wednesday, 4PM EDT https://global.gotomeeting.com/join/322275573 Phone Number: +1 770-657-9270 Participant Passcode:...")
 
 
Line 8: Line 8:
  
 
*Attendees:
 
*Attendees:
 +
*John Ritter
 +
*Melissa Mendivil
 +
*Virginia Lorenzi
 +
*Sharon Chaplock Kayne
 +
*Melanie Hilliard
  
 +
=== opening ===
 +
 +
The regular meeting of the Education Work Group was called to order at 4:07 pm EST on 8/10/16 in  by Virginia Lorenzi
 +
The agenda was unanimously approved as distributed
  
 
===Review prior minutes (2 sets) ===
 
===Review prior minutes (2 sets) ===
  
 +
John moved to accept minutes from previous two meetings, Melissa seconded.
  
 
=== New Webinar/Class/Education Ideas ===
 
=== New Webinar/Class/Education Ideas ===
*Progress on Facilitator Training - scheduled for when
 
* Tutorials for Sept status/timing
 
*HL7 for Clinicians - Thurs Q1 CIC tentative.  Need to talk to Pat and Russ.  Sit in on plenary,
 
*Vocabulary Webinar:  3 part series, offer once per week in November.  Status
 
*Special topics on education (Virginia) - status samples: Our fundamentals class, backwards learning, assessments, case-based learning, activated classrooms, hybrid learning, gamification, etc.
 
*Teaching for nonEnglish
 
  
 +
No updates on the following topics as key participants not available:
 +
*Progress on Facilitator Training
 +
*Tutorials for Sept status/timing
 +
*Vocabulary Webinar:  3 part series, offer once per week in November
 +
*HL7 for Clinicians
 +
 +
Updates on the following topics:
 +
*Special topics on education (Virginia) - no guest speaker this week
 +
**Discussion regarding which tool to leverage to post these guest lectures for our group
 +
*Teaching for non English speakers - add this to "How to give HL7 Tutorial" agenda
 +
**Sharon:  Add component to "How to give HL7 Tutorial" on adding cultural awareness
  
 
===WGM Preparations===
 
===WGM Preparations===
 +
 
Education Time on other WG agendas (FHIR, Clinicians, Arden, other)
 
Education Time on other WG agendas (FHIR, Clinicians, Arden, other)
 
Presentation at co-chair dinner?
 
Presentation at co-chair dinner?
Review of free track (Melissa)
+
*Sharon:  We'll be making a special announcement regarding a new app helping folks prepare for certification
 +
Review of free track/blogging (Melissa)
 
Slideshow for lunch
 
Slideshow for lunch
*
 
 
===Certification Updates===
 
 
*Professional Certification
 
Implementation Committee is writing a business plan.
 
*Arden Syntax
 
*Status on class for how to write certification tests
 
  
*FHIR Cert status
 
Diego and Virginia reviewing a draft test. Format is different than our typical tests.  Mary Ann recommended that Karen and Mark be contacted to help align processes.
 
  
 
===PSS for One Day Summit===
 
===PSS for One Day Summit===
Line 44: Line 51:
 
*Need Beta
 
*Need Beta
  
===January Grid-work ===
 
*Related action items:
 
**MaryAnne to send Melissa tutorial specifications
 
**Melissa and Heather to review FHIR tutorial blurbs
 
  
 
===Education Marketing Ideas (Melissa) ===
 
===Education Marketing Ideas (Melissa) ===
*
+
 
===Dashboard===
+
HL7 YouTube Channel
*Status
+
John Ritter:  YouTube HL7 Channel suggestion for outreach and also for coordination across WGs.  Sharon suggested John contact Melanie Hilliard to explore this further.
===Other reports from headquarters===
+
Melanie: we just added an icon for our youtube channel, and people can upload if they have rights.  There would need to be some governance involved.  Right now, LinkedIn is performing very well with outreach.
 +
Virginia:  Education WG would be involved in "how to" for posting, content, etc.
 +
 
 
===Adjourn===
 
===Adjourn===
 +
 +
Meeting was adjourned at 5:06 EST by Virginia Lorenzi . The next general meeting will be at 4:00 pm EST on 8/24/16.
 +
 +
Minutes submitted by:  Melissa Mendivil

Latest revision as of 22:02, 12 August 2016

Agenda

Call to Order

  • Call and Gotomeeting info:

Wednesday, 4PM EDT https://global.gotomeeting.com/join/322275573 Phone Number: +1 770-657-9270 Participant Passcode: 447895

  • Attendees:
  • John Ritter
  • Melissa Mendivil
  • Virginia Lorenzi
  • Sharon Chaplock Kayne
  • Melanie Hilliard

opening

The regular meeting of the Education Work Group was called to order at 4:07 pm EST on 8/10/16 in by Virginia Lorenzi The agenda was unanimously approved as distributed

Review prior minutes (2 sets)

John moved to accept minutes from previous two meetings, Melissa seconded.

New Webinar/Class/Education Ideas

No updates on the following topics as key participants not available:

  • Progress on Facilitator Training
  • Tutorials for Sept status/timing
  • Vocabulary Webinar: 3 part series, offer once per week in November
  • HL7 for Clinicians

Updates on the following topics:

  • Special topics on education (Virginia) - no guest speaker this week
    • Discussion regarding which tool to leverage to post these guest lectures for our group
  • Teaching for non English speakers - add this to "How to give HL7 Tutorial" agenda
    • Sharon: Add component to "How to give HL7 Tutorial" on adding cultural awareness

WGM Preparations

Education Time on other WG agendas (FHIR, Clinicians, Arden, other) Presentation at co-chair dinner?

  • Sharon: We'll be making a special announcement regarding a new app helping folks prepare for certification

Review of free track/blogging (Melissa) Slideshow for lunch


PSS for One Day Summit

  • Melissa and Virginia to discuss possible pilot PSS event, include Anita
  • Need Beta


Education Marketing Ideas (Melissa)

HL7 YouTube Channel John Ritter: YouTube HL7 Channel suggestion for outreach and also for coordination across WGs. Sharon suggested John contact Melanie Hilliard to explore this further. Melanie: we just added an icon for our youtube channel, and people can upload if they have rights. There would need to be some governance involved. Right now, LinkedIn is performing very well with outreach. Virginia: Education WG would be involved in "how to" for posting, content, etc.

Adjourn

Meeting was adjourned at 5:06 EST by Virginia Lorenzi . The next general meeting will be at 4:00 pm EST on 8/24/16.

Minutes submitted by: Melissa Mendivil