Architecture Board 2010
The Architecture Board is responsible for the architecture of the HL7 Standards.
The HL7 ArB seeks to define a coherent architecture for HL7 work that defines the relationships among the HL7 work products and how they relate to other standards and components of local implementations. This architecture includes the Business Architecture by which these work products are produced and managed through their life cycle, the governance that will be enacted on these work products, and the scope of the standardization effort itself.
The scope of the ArB's work covers:
- Defining a coherent standards architecture for HL7 to strive towards.
- Working within the organization to market and refine the architecture
- Ongoing interaction with HL7 customers to market and refine the architecture
- Consideration of the suitability of the organisational structures to deliver the architecture
- Defining the procedures and compliance criteria that ensure the HL7 work products conform to the architecture to enable the achievement stated levels of interoperability
- Tracks developments in underlying SDO's and standards and keeps HL7 appropriately informed