Actions for ImpConf merger
This page lists the things to be done to form a combined TC from the board appointed Implementation Committee and the Conformance SIG.
- Agree a name: See ImpConf_Mission_and_Charter for suggestions
- Confirm proposed charter ImpConf_Mission_and_Charter
- Seek formal support from MnM for the change of status of the Conformance SIG.
- Agree Co-chair arrangements. Suggest keep 3 existing Conformance co-chairs, and have an election for one more following May WGM. (A combined cmte. will require more meeting time, so that 4 co-chairs seems adequate.)
- Seek ARB approval for charter
- Request TSC agenda time
The Implementation committee is currently board appointed, but it was suggested that it would be sensible to be run like any other committee, and have elected co-chairs. There has been support from many board members for this.
At the same time it became clear that there is a lot of overlap between what the Implementation committee is doing, and what the conformance committee is doing. When it was suggested at the WGM and on the lists that the committees be merged and form a TC, there was widespread support, and no-one expressed a view that this was a bad idea.