AID Transition Plan (WG to HUG)
Issue: How should we transition the AID group from being a WG within HL7, to a HUG (HL7 User Group) within HL7? This has an inpact on governance, the role payed by AID within the organization, its deliverables etc.
- The GOM is silent on HUGs, and on transitioning WGs to a HUG
- HL7 are currently piloting the concept of a HUG in the form of a newly created Immunization HUG.
- The HL7 User Group task force coordinates the creation/management/piloting of HUGs, pending the definition of more formal goverance procedures.
Pros/Cons of being a HUG rather than a WG
Essentially the transition is a two-step process:
- Petitioning the TSC to disband the AID WG (a process defined by the HL7 GOM)
- Petitioning xxx (unclear at this point in time) to create a AID HUG.