Difference between revisions of "AID SWOT"
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Revision as of 20:48, 22 January 2014
Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, and Threats for the RIMBAA WG
- Active members with actual experience of v3 implementations
- Active members with a passion for health information technology
- Deep understanding of RIM and Methodology
- Inbalance in ability to share information due to Intellectual Property issues
- Quite a few active contributors to the deliverables don't take part in WGMs (those are too much geared towards standards developers)
- Doesn't "quite fit" with most other ongoing HL7 activities - it doesn't produce standards.
- Has the ability to show the power of v3 well beyond that of "messaging"
- Shows value of Enterprise Architecture Framework (SAIF)
- Has the capability to ease implementations of v3 (best practices, reference implementation)
- RIMBAA will explore opportunities to include FHIR and other model based architectural approaches
- Stifling effect of Intellectual Property issues
- Irrelevance of RIMBAA in the eyes of some: the "We have too much legacy stuff to care about RIMBAA" argument
- RIMBAA not seen as an active WG because few implementers attend WGMs.
- Risk that commercial parties use the WG as a marketing platform for tools.