AID 201510 Meeting in Atlanta
Jump to navigation Jump to search
This is the agenda of the AID HL7 'user group' for the WGM in Atlanta (October 2015)
Sunday Q3/Q4 (hosting FHIR)
- Administrative (max 5 minutes)
- General FHIR Server Design Review (Brian Postlethwaite, Healthconnex, AU)
- Covers different types and approaches for implementing a FHIR server (Generic FHIR Server, Publish/Sync, Façade, Cache)
- Aims to raise discussion about these various approaches
- Creating an agenda management system using FHIR resources (Francois Leblanc, FR)
- Based on the FHIR scheduling track
- clinFHIR implementation experiences (David Hay, Orion, NZ)
- See http://clinfhir.com/ for the clinFHIR site.
- Development of "FHIR cell for i2b2" (Kavi Wagholikar MD, MGH, US)
- This presentation will describe the technical details and learnings in the development of the fhir interface for i2b2.
- Over 100 institutions in the US have i2b2 installations for identifying research cohorts. The fhir api is aimed at providing a readonly interface to the data hosted in the i2b2 instances, allowing the institutions to run SMART apps over i2b2.
- Other FHIR related talks
- Approval of the minutes of the May WGM in Paris, available at AID 201505 Meeting in Paris
- Use of a RIM-lite OWL triple store to calculate quality measures (Peter Hendler, KP)
- Peter has been working with Oxford University UK dept of Computer Science and KP National Quality. They have an OWL ontology based on Entities in Roles Participating in Acts (ERPA; it is not the full RIM by any means, it is their own RIM lite OWL). They have successfully calculated some Diabetes quality measures using OWL, RDF and SNOMED.
- Peter will discuss some of the core design considerations, as well as other experiences.
- See http://www.cs.ox.ac.uk/isg/tools/RDFox/ for details of RDFox, a highly scalable in-memory RDF triple store.
Tuesday Q6 (hosted by EST. CANCELLED)
- Tooling demo, 7-9 pm
- This session has been cancelled.