Difference between revisions of "AID 201501 Minutes"

From HL7Wiki
Jump to navigation Jump to search
 
Line 1: Line 1:
 
[[category:RIMBAA Minutes]]These are the minutes of the [[AID]] HL7 User Group, which met during the WGM in San Antonio January 19-24, 2014.
 
[[category:RIMBAA Minutes]]These are the minutes of the [[AID]] HL7 User Group, which met during the WGM in San Antonio January 19-24, 2014.
  
==Agendas==
+
==Sunday Q3/Q4 Minutes==
===Sunday Q3/Q4 (hosting FHIR)===
 
#This session offers those that have implemented FHIR an opportunity to share thgeir approach and best practices with other implementers.
 
#*Most of the presentations will only be added to the agenda during the actual connectathon
 
#''Add your session title here''
 
 
 
===Monday Q3===
 
#Administrative
 
#*Approval of the minutes of the Amsterdam out-of-cycle meeting held in November 2014, available at [[AID 201411 Agenda]].
 
 
 
===Tuesday Q6 (hosted by EST)===
 
*Tooling demo, 7-9 pm
 
*See agenda of [[EST]] for details.
 
 
 
===Wednesday Q4===
 
#Review/update [[Tool Evaluation Criteria]]
 
#Implementation Packages
 
#*According to the PSS created last September the project should be finalized before the end of January, with as its deliverable the definition of the content of the HL7v2 as well as the CDA implementation package.
 
#*Status update:
 
#Whitepaper review: [[:category:RIMBAA Whitepaper|List of AID Whitepapers]]
 
 
 
==Sunday Q3 Minutes==
 
 
{| border="1" cellpadding="2" cellspacing="0" style="background:#f0f0f0;" width="100%"
 
{| border="1" cellpadding="2" cellspacing="0" style="background:#f0f0f0;" width="100%"
 
|-
 
|-
Line 30: Line 9:
 
!width="30%"| Chair/Scribe
 
!width="30%"| Chair/Scribe
 
|-
 
|-
|'''AID HL7 User Group'''||2015-01-18, <br/>13:45-15:00||San Antonio, USA||Chair/Scribe: Andy Stechishin
+
|'''AID HL7 User Group'''||2015-01-18, <br/>13:45-17:00||San Antonio, USA||Chair/Scribe: Andy Stechishin
 
|}
 
|}
  
 
===Attendees===
 
===Attendees===
 
#Andy Stechishin
 
#Andy Stechishin
 +
#About 20 attendees in total
 
===Minutes===
 
===Minutes===
 
+
#This session offers those that have implemented FHIR an opportunity to share thgeir approach and best practices with other implementers.
Introductions
+
#Administrative
 
+
#*Andy calls to order, introductions
Richard Ettema from Aegis client and Server Java Ref Impl, MySQL - blob approach
+
#Richard Ettema from Aegis client and Server Java Ref Impl, MySQL - blob approach
 
+
#Global search - why, useful? (search for all dates)
Global search - why, useful? (search for all dates)
+
#CDC looking at reviewing existing Immunization services (which all have custom interfaces) with a homogeneous service
 
+
#Bundle discussion - positive
CDC looking at reviewing existing Immunization services (which all have custom interfaces) with a homogeneous service
+
#Operation discussion - operation definition and parameters resources
 
+
#Question about default response type (Accept is optional)
Bundle discussion - positive
+
#ORM Serialization - more work and discussion
 
+
#Profiles, profiles
Operation discussion - operation definition and parameters resources
+
#England has localized operation FHIR  
 
+
#Can I have this and can it be in FHIR?
==Sunday Q4 Minutes==
+
#Concerns:
{| border="1" cellpadding="2" cellspacing="0" style="background:#f0f0f0;" width="100%"
+
#*security models
|-
+
#Adjournement
!width=”35%”|Workgroup
 
!width="20%"| Date/Time
 
!width="15%"| Location
 
!width="30%"| Chair/Scribe
 
|-
 
|'''AID HL7 User Group'''||2015-01-18, <br/>15:30-17:00||San Antonio, USA||Chair/Scribe: Andy Stechishin
 
|}
 
 
 
===Attendees===
 
#Andy Stechishin
 
===Minutes===
 
Question about default response type (Accept is optional)
 
 
 
ORM Serialization - more work and discussion
 
 
 
Profiles, profiles
 
 
 
England has localized operation FHIR  
 
 
 
Can I have this and can it be in FHIR?
 
 
 
Concerns:
 
- security models
 
  
 
==Monday Q3, Minutes==
 
==Monday Q3, Minutes==
Line 92: Line 49:
 
#Andy Stechishin
 
#Andy Stechishin
 
===Minutes===
 
===Minutes===
Review of minutes from Amsterdam out of cycle
+
#Administrative
 
+
#Call to order by Peter
'''Motion:''' Approve minutes from Amsterdam Out of Cycle meeting Andy/Michael unanimous
+
#*Approval of the minutes of the Amsterdam out-of-cycle meeting held in November 2014, available at [[AID 201411 Agenda]].
 
+
#**'''MOTION:''' Approve minutes from Amsterdam Out of Cycle meeting Andy/Michael unanimous
Peter overviewed one of his current projects at Kaiser
+
#*Peter overviewed one of his current projects at Kaiser
 +
#Adjournement
  
 
==Tuesday Q6, Minutes==
 
==Tuesday Q6, Minutes==
Line 127: Line 85:
 
===Attendance===
 
===Attendance===
 
*Peter Hendler
 
*Peter Hendler
*Micahel van der Zel
+
*Michael van der Zel
 
===Minutes===
 
===Minutes===
 +
#Meeting did not achieve quorum. An informal meting was held instead.
 +
#We reviewed the “Tool Evaluation Criteria” and feel it is still valid.
 +
#Whitepaper review: [[:category:RIMBAA Whitepaper|List of AID Whitepapers]]
 +
#*The one on “Implementation of IVS and TS” is still valid but has decreased relevance as  more and more effort is put into FHIR and less into RIM. We should leave it.
 +
#*The paper on Green CDA is likewise valid but less relevant as we don’t see much activity going to Green CDA and all the activity seems to be targeted in how to express CDA as FHIR and visa versa.
 +
#*The one on “Software Implementation of CDA” is still relevant and valid but could use an update to include ART DECOR.
 +
#*The previous group RIMBAA spent a lot of effort exploring ways to persist RIM.  It seems that today, a new effort could be initiated to document the various approaches being taken to persist FHIR.  This was also mentioned at our previous quarter by Andy.
 +
#*The new effort to express FHIR in RDF is another area ripe for attention. In fact, there is a natural merging of these two concerns if we were to look at RDF triple stores as a way to persist FHIR.
 +
#**We then looked at an example OWL ontology that was created by an OO modeler who was not trained in “open world” or OWL. It was very interesting because the errors were almost predicable if one were to use Protege as if it were Enterprise Architect. For example, there was a Class “Organization” that has a “child member” called “Location”. This makes perfect sense in the OO world as Organizations do have Locations. But in the Ontology world what this was actually saying to the reasoner is this:
 +
#***If you see an instance of Location, then you must conclude that it is a sub type of Organization. Clearly not the intent.  This points out the dangers of adopting RDF to HL7 without very specific training of modelers in the differences between OO and OWL/RDF.  This might also be a subject for AID to focus on.
 +
#Finally we looked at the CIMI Reference Model and it is evolving to include Entities in Roles that Participate in Acts.  And Acts that are related to other Acts.  In some cases the names of these things are changed but the structure is clearly there.
 +
#Implementation Packages
 +
#*According to the PSS created last September the project should be finalized before the end of January, with as its deliverable the definition of the content of the HL7v2 as well as the CDA implementation package.
 +
#*This agenda item wasn't discussed during the meeting.
 +
#Adjournement

Latest revision as of 08:38, 28 January 2015

These are the minutes of the AID HL7 User Group, which met during the WGM in San Antonio January 19-24, 2014.

Sunday Q3/Q4 Minutes

Workgroup Date/Time Location Chair/Scribe
AID HL7 User Group 2015-01-18,
13:45-17:00
San Antonio, USA Chair/Scribe: Andy Stechishin

Attendees

  1. Andy Stechishin
  2. About 20 attendees in total

Minutes

  1. This session offers those that have implemented FHIR an opportunity to share thgeir approach and best practices with other implementers.
  2. Administrative
    • Andy calls to order, introductions
  3. Richard Ettema from Aegis client and Server Java Ref Impl, MySQL - blob approach
  4. Global search - why, useful? (search for all dates)
  5. CDC looking at reviewing existing Immunization services (which all have custom interfaces) with a homogeneous service
  6. Bundle discussion - positive
  7. Operation discussion - operation definition and parameters resources
  8. Question about default response type (Accept is optional)
  9. ORM Serialization - more work and discussion
  10. Profiles, profiles
  11. England has localized operation FHIR
  12. Can I have this and can it be in FHIR?
  13. Concerns:
    • security models
  14. Adjournement

Monday Q3, Minutes

Workgroup Date/Time Location Chair/Scribe
AID HL7 User Group 2015-01-19,
13:45-15:00
San Antonio, USA Chair: Peter Hendler Scribe: Andy Stechishin

Attendees

  1. Peter Hendler, KP
  2. Michael van der Zel, UMCG
  3. Andy Stechishin

Minutes

  1. Administrative
  2. Call to order by Peter
    • Approval of the minutes of the Amsterdam out-of-cycle meeting held in November 2014, available at AID 201411 Agenda.
      • MOTION: Approve minutes from Amsterdam Out of Cycle meeting Andy/Michael unanimous
    • Peter overviewed one of his current projects at Kaiser
  3. Adjournement

Tuesday Q6, Minutes

Workgroup Date/Time Location Chair/Scribe
AID HL7 User Group 2015-01-20,
19:00-21:00
San Antonio, USA Chair/Scribe: Andy Stechischin

Minutes

  • Tooling presentations; Hosted by Tooling
  • See the minutes of the tooling WG for details.

Wednesday Q4, Minutes

Workgroup Date/Time Location Chair/Scribe
AID HL7 User Group 2015-01-21,
15:30-17:00
San Antonio, USA Chair/Scribe: Peter Hendler

Attendance

  • Peter Hendler
  • Michael van der Zel

Minutes

  1. Meeting did not achieve quorum. An informal meting was held instead.
  2. We reviewed the “Tool Evaluation Criteria” and feel it is still valid.
  3. Whitepaper review: List of AID Whitepapers
    • The one on “Implementation of IVS and TS” is still valid but has decreased relevance as more and more effort is put into FHIR and less into RIM. We should leave it.
    • The paper on Green CDA is likewise valid but less relevant as we don’t see much activity going to Green CDA and all the activity seems to be targeted in how to express CDA as FHIR and visa versa.
    • The one on “Software Implementation of CDA” is still relevant and valid but could use an update to include ART DECOR.
    • The previous group RIMBAA spent a lot of effort exploring ways to persist RIM. It seems that today, a new effort could be initiated to document the various approaches being taken to persist FHIR. This was also mentioned at our previous quarter by Andy.
    • The new effort to express FHIR in RDF is another area ripe for attention. In fact, there is a natural merging of these two concerns if we were to look at RDF triple stores as a way to persist FHIR.
      • We then looked at an example OWL ontology that was created by an OO modeler who was not trained in “open world” or OWL. It was very interesting because the errors were almost predicable if one were to use Protege as if it were Enterprise Architect. For example, there was a Class “Organization” that has a “child member” called “Location”. This makes perfect sense in the OO world as Organizations do have Locations. But in the Ontology world what this was actually saying to the reasoner is this:
        • If you see an instance of Location, then you must conclude that it is a sub type of Organization. Clearly not the intent. This points out the dangers of adopting RDF to HL7 without very specific training of modelers in the differences between OO and OWL/RDF. This might also be a subject for AID to focus on.
  4. Finally we looked at the CIMI Reference Model and it is evolving to include Entities in Roles that Participate in Acts. And Acts that are related to other Acts. In some cases the names of these things are changed but the structure is clearly there.
  5. Implementation Packages
    • According to the PSS created last September the project should be finalized before the end of January, with as its deliverable the definition of the content of the HL7v2 as well as the CDA implementation package.
    • This agenda item wasn't discussed during the meeting.
  6. Adjournement