Dedicated Zulip chat stream for this track.
Previous FHIRcast Connectathons
- 201805 FHIRcast, May 2018, Cologne, Germany
- 201801 FHIR Subscriptions, January 2018, New Orleans, LA
- 201709 FHIR Subscriptions, September 2017, San Diego, CA
Submitting WG/Project/Implementer Group
Imaging Integration, FHIR-I, CDS
We're working within the RIS/PACS community to identify a common, lightweight application synchronization standard.
This track will prototype this workflow synchronization using a webhooks pattern with FHIR as the underlying content data model according to the draft FHIRcast specification.
Proposed Track Lead
Sectra, Epic, Siemens, Agfa, <your name here!>
The Hub manages users' sessions, accepts subscriptions, is responsible for notifications and is closely aligned with the SMART server and FHIR server.
- Must accept new subscriptions.
- Must verify subscribed callback urls.
- Must POST notifications to subscribed callback urls.
Subscribes to a user's session topic on the hub, receives and processes event notifications.
- Must request subscription to topic and events on hub url.
- Must respond to url verification.
- Must accept event notification.
Subscriber creates new subscription; hub respond with 202
- Action: Subscriber POSTs WebSub subscription request to hub for a specific hub.topic and hub.events.
- Precondition: Subscriber must know hub base url, hub.topic (session identifier) and supported events. Use open-patient-chart, close-patient-chart for events for connectathon.
- Success Criteria: Hub persists subscription.
- Bonus point: n/a
Subscriber is notified of user session change per subscription
- Action: Hub/Publisher POSTs notification to subscriber for a subscribed event and topic/session.
- Precondition: Subscriber subscribes correctly, see previous scenario.
- Success Criteria: Subscriber responds with 2xx code.
- Bonus point: Subscriber validates X-Hub-Signature.
- Bonus point*10: Subscriber changes its UI to match the patient-chart-open event.
Subscriber is notified of topic/session id, hub url during SMART app launch from Hub
- Action: Subscribing client launches from Hub, according to SMART EHR launch.
- Precondition: n/a
- Success Criteria: Subscriber receives hub base url and hub.topic in SMART launch and performs scenario #1.
- Bonus point*100: Subscriber launches using SMART standalone launch.