201809 CIMI Laboratory wound FHIR Profile Track
CIMI Laboratory and Wound Assessment FHIR Profiles
Submitting WG/Project/Implementer Group
- Clinical Information Model Initiative
In order to support the interoperable exchange of health information, detailed profiles for common conditions, observations, and procedures will be required. This track will investigate the following questions:
- The specification of detailed laboratory result and wound assessment models.
- The translation of these detailed clinical models into FHIR as both Logical FHIR profiles and resource profiles.
The purpose of the track is to learn more about the conversion of logical models into FHIR profiles and to raise important questions for discussion at HL7. A deliverable of this track is an implementation guide for CIMI Laboratory Result profiles for review with the HL7 community. Profiles will also be published on Simplifier.net.
Proposed Track Lead
- Claude Nanjo
- Email: email@example.com
- Zulip: cnanjo
The following organizations have indicated an interest in participating in this track:
- Intermountain Health Care shall provide the detailed clinical model specification and tooling to convert DCMs into FHIR profile
- University of Utah shall participate in the generation of FHIR Logical Profiles from CIMI and the use of FHIR resource profiles developed by Intermountain in a CDS application.
- Mitre shall also explore the conversion of CIMI wound assessment models to FHIR profiles
- Your organization here!
Please include information here regarding how much advance preparation will be required if creating a client and/or server.
- A HAPI FHIR Server for the persistence of FHIR instances to support this use case.
- CIMI Detailed Clinical Models for labs and wound assessment
- CIMI-to-FHIR translation tooling
- A CDS client and server
- Knowledge artifacts to support CIMI use case - TBD
This connectathon track will test the following interactions
- Generation of FHIR profiles from CIMI models
- Definition of FHIR instance that conform to these profiles
- Use and validation of FHIR instance in a CDS Hook context
Security and Privacy Considerations
Authentication shall not be addressed in this track