Difference between revisions of "201801 Catalog"
|Line 22:||Line 22:|
::Zulip: Claude Nanjo
::Zulip: Claude Nanjo
Revision as of 16:17, 19 December 2017
Submitting WG/Project/Implementer Group
- Orders and Observations
Resources and Resource profiles needed support catalogs of various types (lab compendia, medication formularies, human services directories, etc) are in an early draft stage. These include a Catalog profile on Composition, a catalog entry EntryDefinition resource, an ObservationDefinition resource, a SpecimenDefinition resource, and potentially a profile on ActivityDefinition. This connectathon track is intended to test the design approach and confirm the resource set meets the needs of the use case.
This will inform the development of the catalog resources, which will be balloted as draft for the January 2018 ballot, and a goal of FMM 1 for the FHIR Release 4 ballot in May 2018.
Proposed Track Lead
- Claude Nanjo
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Zulip: Claude Nanjo
- François Macary
- Email: email@example.com
- Zulip: François Macary
The following organizations have indicated an interest in participating in this track:
- Phast - Phast will participate with a FHIR server supporting a Lab Compendium
- Motive MI -Knowledge artifact catalog
- Cognitive Medical Systems - acting as a consumer for Knowledge artifacts, and potentially labs
- Your organization here!
Please include information here regarding how much advance preparation will be required if creating a client and/or server.
A FHIR Server should support the following resources for this track:
- Catalog Profile of Composition
- Content resources appropriate to the type of catalog. For Lab:
A FHIR server will be available for testing with sample data <insert address to PHASTs server when ready>
This connectathon track focuses on the retrieval of a CatalogEntry to support an order. In this case, a catalog consumer could be a Lab Information System (LIS), a Computerized Order Entry System, or an EHR.
This track demonstrates basic catalog interactions to support the ordering process, with a focus on lab tests. Future connectathons will explore other catalog types and more complex catalog management and maintenance tasks.
<ToDo - These need to be fleshed out over the next week or so. Also need to confer with Motive around Knowledge Artifact scenarios>
Search Compendium for Tests
- Request list of catalog entries matching specific criteria <ToDo: need to expand on the criteria for searching>
- Query the specific catalog entry to support an order
- Required Input Observations, Required Output ObservationDefinitions, and Required Specimen Information should be returned
- Bonus: creating an Order for a specific Patient based on the returned catalog items.
Add Entry to Compendium
The laboratory catalog vendor needs to create an entry in their catalog for a specific test (for instance for Serum Potassium):
- Create dependent ObservationDefinitions and SpecimenDefinitions needed for this entry
- Create the ActivityDefinition that represents the Orderable Lab Service
- Create Catalog Entry representing the Orderable Item and Dependencies
- Associate dependent definitions with the Lab Service Activity Definition