Difference between revisions of "2018-02-28 FMG concall"

From HL7Wiki
Jump to navigation Jump to search
 
Line 76: Line 76:
 
**PA to consider other alternatives for PatientAnimal
 
**PA to consider other alternatives for PatientAnimal
 
***Complete. Voted to move to standard extension. Will be explicit text making it clear that veterinary is in scope.
 
***Complete. Voted to move to standard extension. Will be explicit text making it clear that veterinary is in scope.
 
 
**John and Brian Post to work together to figure out how to express what Brian wants and compare it to what is already in Consent for review with Grahame and then FMG if necessary
 
**John and Brian Post to work together to figure out how to express what Brian wants and compare it to what is already in Consent for review with Grahame and then FMG if necessary
 
***Complete. The problem with scope remains an issue. Will need to revisit later.
 
***Complete. The problem with scope remains an issue. Will need to revisit later.
 
 
**Check with Grahame on implementation of distinguishing HL7 artifacts from others and controlling maintenance of the artifacts in the FHIR Registry
 
**Check with Grahame on implementation of distinguishing HL7 artifacts from others and controlling maintenance of the artifacts in the FHIR Registry
 
***Working with Firely on this. Remove.
 
***Working with Firely on this. Remove.

Latest revision as of 22:37, 28 February 2018

HL7 TSC FMG Meeting Minutes

Location:
https://global.gotomeeting.com/join/279790597

(voice and screen)

Date: 2018-02-29
Time: 4:00 PM U.S. Eastern
Chair: Note taker(s): Anne W.
Quorum = chair + 4 yes/no
Co chairs x David Hay x Lloyd McKenzie
ex-officio . Wayne Kubick, CTO
Members Members Members Observers/Guests
x Hans Buitendijk x Brian Postlethwaite Paul Knapp x Anne W., scribe
Josh Mandel x John Moehrke Brian Pech
x Grahame Grieve x Rute Martins Baptista, Richard Esmond, Rob Hausam

Agenda

  • Roll Call
  • Agenda Check
  • Minutes from 2018-02-21_FMG_concall
  • Action items
    • PA to consider other alternatives for PatientAnimal
    • John and Brian Post to work together to figure out how to express what Brian wants and compare it to what is already in Consent for review with Grahame and then FMG if necessary
    • Check with Grahame on implementation of distinguishing HL7 artifacts from others and controlling maintenance of the artifacts in the FHIR Registry
    • Grahame to reach out to international council re: international IGs
    • David to look into better organization of QA content
    • David will find the list of QA reviewers from last time and reach out, and also send out request on Zulip.
  • Review Items
  • Discussion Topics
  • Reports
  • Process management
  • AOB (Any Other Business)

Minutes

  • Roll Call
    • David chairing
  • Agenda Check
    • MOTION to approve: Hans/Brian Post
  • Minutes from 2018-02-21_FMG_concall
    • MOTION to approve: John/Hans
    • All in favor
  • Action items
    • PA to consider other alternatives for PatientAnimal
      • Complete. Voted to move to standard extension. Will be explicit text making it clear that veterinary is in scope.
    • John and Brian Post to work together to figure out how to express what Brian wants and compare it to what is already in Consent for review with Grahame and then FMG if necessary
      • Complete. The problem with scope remains an issue. Will need to revisit later.
    • Check with Grahame on implementation of distinguishing HL7 artifacts from others and controlling maintenance of the artifacts in the FHIR Registry
      • Working with Firely on this. Remove.
    • Grahame to reach out to international council re: effectiveness of international IGs
      • Carry forward
    • David to look into better organization of QA content
      • Instructions here
        • Reviewed the document. David asks when we will finalize the ballot to the point where reviewers can start the process? Lloyd reports that if the current schedule remains, they could start March 12th after Grahame gives the OK.
    • David will find the list of QA reviewers from last time and reach out, and also send out request on Zulip.
      • Complete
  • Review Items
    • Breast Cancer Modeling PSS
      • Richard presents the project. Will represent the entire care pathway. For 3.j., V3 datatypes should be marked N/A. Lloyd asks about tooling used to produce this. Richard states it's custom tooling, new to HL7. Anne asks if Wayne has seen the tool; Richard says not yet but he will be coming to calls soon. Discussion over ballot type; need to check STU to normative as well in 5.a. Once Comment material is ready for use it would move to STU, not Informative. Will need to fill out the IG proposal on the wiki page. Rute notes this is not mentioned anywhere in the ballot countdown timeline. Lloyd states that the complete set of timelines for FHIR are found on the FHIR wiki; Anne displays the location of that material.
        • MOTION to approve: Grahame/Hans
        • VOTE: All in favor
    • OrganizationAffiliation
      • Brian Post describes proposal. Has been lengthy discussion over the names OrganizationRole vs. OrganizationAffiliation. Need to clarify reasoning behind the name in the description.
        • MOTION to approve: Lloyd/Brian Post
        • VOTE: All in favor
    • VerificationResult
      • Lloyd states that the scope needs to be clearer. This is needed in other areas too so we need to be clear on the boundaries. Not sure if this makes sense as a resource or if we should be using provenance. Brian: We did contrast it against Provenance. Provenance is talking about who did what, while there is a lot more process involved in Provenance with information about the past as well as the future. Lloyd: Would like to see discussion from other WGs and business areas. John asks why it's a PA resource. Brian explains the history.
        • ACTION: Brian to take resource to Security, OO, Pharmacy and FM to gather input on the notion of Verification and what it would mean.
    • InternationalPatientSummary IG Proposal
      • Rob Hausam walks through the proposal. Need to have something that can be published cleanly by the 3/11. Need to agree on a code that will be in the URL. Decision to make UV/IPS the code.
      • MOTION to approve: Grahame/Hans
      • VOTE: Brian abstains. Remaining in favor.
  • Discussion Topics
    • Timelines: Currently FHIR Core substantive change freeze is 2018-03-04; FHIR core content total freeze is 2018-03-11. Do we want to allow for substantive change to run longer than our current deadline? After discussion, Grahame thinks we will make the deadline.
    • Rules for change once we open the ballot/change deferral timelines
      • Lloyd: After we freeze for QA, what are the rules for what kinds of changes can be made prior to publishing the R4 spec? Typically we allow changes to come in during ballot, and then shortly after the WGM after the ballot closes, we impose a deadline after which any new proposals are atomically deferred. We don't want everything from June to December to get auto-punted, but we also don't want to do another full ballot in September. Grahame: We said STU content could go to ballot in September that didn't go to ballot at all in May. September STU ballot should be scope-limited.
      • Lloyd: So we'll plan to stick with our timelines. There will be infrastructure content that is not applied in May that we can still apply for September. STU ballot in September will be scoped to net new content or changes that the committees believe are significant enough to warrant additional feedback.
      • For universal IG content: it will be separate for now, but not necessarily separate forever.
  • Carry Forward:
  • Adjourned at 5:33 pm Eastern


Next Steps

Actions (Include Owner, Action Item, and due date)
Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items

2018-03-07 FMG concall


Back to FHIR_Management_Group

© 2018 Health Level Seven® International