Submitting WG/Project/Implementer Group
Grahame Grieve on behalf of FHIR-I/AID
There has been ongoing implementer interest in a more agile way to fetch data from a FHIR server, and some implementers have told me that they won't use FHIR because of this.
Proposed Track Lead
Grahame Grieve (looking for handover)
- hapi server
Makes data available through a graphQL interface:
- support query a patient resource using graphQL (or Observation)
- support forward reference - follow Patient.generalPractitioner (or Observation.subject)
- support search - allow search on patients
- support publish metadata describing 1-3
Servers should list which steps they implement on the tracking spreadsheets
- query a patient resource using graphQL (or Observation)
- forward reference - follow Patient.generalPractitioner (or Observation.subject)
- search on patients
- (advanced) Metadata driven interface (picklist?)
as implied by roles
Support for the $graphql operation has been made available in TestScripts deployed to the Touchstone FHIR Testing Platform.
TestScripts have been committed to the FHIR documents Github repository at: GraphQL Repository
Security and Privacy Considerations
No implications not already obvious on the RESTful interface.