This wiki has undergone a migration to Confluence found Here

20170629 OO FHIR conCall

From HL7Wiki
Jump to navigation Jump to search
HL7 OO on FHIR (for Orders and Observations)

Call in details:
Phone: +1 770-657-9270, Passcode: 398652

Join the meeting at:
https://join.me/vernetzt.us

Date: 2017/6/2
2015 - 02:00 PM (Eastern Time, GMT -04 DST)
Quorum = chair + 4 yes


scope="col" Co chairs Chair Notetaker
Riki Merrick
Rob Hausam X
Lorraine Constable
Patrick Lloyd
KD Nolan
Hans Buitendijk X


Attendees
X Eric Haas
Riki Merrick
X Hans Buitendijk
Jose Costa-Teixeira
Dan Rutz
Jonathan Harber
David Burgess
Lloyd McKenzie
X Rob Hausam
X Andrea Pitkus
Francois Marcary
Robert Dieterle
Brian Reinhold
John Rhoads
KD Nolan
X Ben Atkinson
Elliot Silver
X Serafina Versaggi

  • Roll Call
  • Agenda


Discussed the Boundaries bewteen Media and Observation + valueAttachment and the attachment datatype.

  • Hans presented slide showing a path to merging the Media elemetns with Attachment datatypes and Observations ( as extensions )
    • issue: Is there a need for Media to be a freestanding resource to represent the media itself and all its attributes vs an expanded Attachment datatype? Noting that the clinical context could be handled using Observation + valueAttachment.
    • issues - Media.type - image | video | audio where does it belong if merge - where would things like a pdf, word document, or spreadsheet be?
  • Next Steps:
    • Hans to share presentation with Imaging
    • Schedule time with FMG to discuss ( per Lloyd's suggestion)
      • Reminder Media is still owned by FHIR-I and decision whether to go to OO or Imaging is still pending the outcome of this discussion

#13375 add valueInteger to Obs

Discussed no vote - will bring up on general OO call after:

  • Posting proposed resolution of persuasive to solicit feedback on OO list and Zulip specifically for any negative conseqences


#13318 Observation example for findings/signs/symptoms

Discussed no vote - will bring up on general OO call after:

  • Rob and I will write up some guidance text surrounding the Question-Answer pair pattern and the variations on that theme.
  • Add examples
  • Hans to follow up with you on the id-modifier flag. EH: not convinced it applies here as you already know but am willing to add text stating that interpretation of any observation only complete when consider **both** the code and value

Back to OO_on_FHIR