2017-12-06 FMG concall

From HL7Wiki
Revision as of 22:12, 6 December 2017 by Annewiz (talk | contribs)
(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)
Jump to navigation Jump to search
HL7 TSC FMG Meeting Minutes

Location:
https://global.gotomeeting.com/join/279790597

(voice and screen)

Date: 2017-12-06
Time: 4:00 PM U.S. Eastern
Chair: Note taker(s): Anne W.
Quorum = chair + 4 yes/no
Co chairs x David Hay x Lloyd McKenzie
ex-officio Lorraine Constable,
Dave Shaver
FGB Co-chairs
. Wayne Kubick, CTO
Members Members Members Observers/Guests
Hans Buitendijk x Brian Postlethwaite x Paul Knapp x Anne W., scribe
Josh Mandel x John Moehrke x Brian Pech
x Grahame Grieve x Amol Vyas

Agenda

  • Roll Call
  • Agenda Check
  • Minutes from 2017-11-29_FMG_concall
  • Action items
    • Josh and Grahame to document process of hosting materials for ballot review on Github
    • Paul to take proposal on publishing ballot content on Github/other tools to TSC when available
    • Hans to follow up with Lorraine/Eric/Claude re: attending upcoming meeting to update on CatalogEntry in January
    • David to follow up with Todd Cooper re: Devices on FHIR track
    • John Moehrke will flesh out the scenarios for IHE-on-FHIR
    • Paul to complete financial track
  • Review Items
    • Arden Syntax for Medical Logic Systems v3.0
    • Immunization FHIR Resource Split
  • Reports
  • Process management
  • AOB (Any Other Business)

Minutes

  • Roll Call
  • Agenda Check
    • MOTION to approve: David/Brian Pech
  • Minutes from 2017-11-29_FMG_concall
    • MOTION to approve: Brian Pech/David
    • VOTE: Brian Post abstains. Remaining in favor.
  • Action items
    • Josh and Grahame to document process of hosting materials for ballot review on Github
      • Carry forward
    • Paul to take proposal on publishing ballot content on Github/other tools to TSC when available
      • Carry forward
    • Hans to follow up with Lorraine/Eric/Claude re: attending upcoming meeting to update on CatalogEntry in January
      • Carry forward
    • David to follow up with Todd Cooper re: Devices on FHIR track
      • Carry forward
    • John Moehrke will flesh out the scenarios for IHE-on-FHIR
      • Will look at it today.
    • Paul to complete financial track
      • Carry forward
    • David will go through tracks and create links from the description page
      • Complete
  • Review Items
    • Arden Syntax for Medical Logic Systems v3.0
      • Group reviews. Only a tiny bit of FHIR is going to be in the next year, and likely not much of what they care about. Not sure it's a functional replacement for CQL. Need input from Bryn. Should invite them to come to a call to better understand why this is necessary. Would like to see CDS as a cosponsor.
        • ACTION: Anne to invite Bryn/project leads to upcoming call.
    • Immunization FHIR Resource Split
      • This is a heads up from the PHER WG that they are going to be splitting the Immunization resource - typically have not requried a new resource proposal when that happens but we like to know. The resource contains two types of information right now; the type of vaccination and an assessment of whether the dose is deemed to count against a vaccination protocol including age and timing. The proposal is to split that second part out into its own resource called ImmunizationEvaluation. Grahame asks if the same principal applies to medication administration? Lloyd says it's not quite the same as there isn't the notion of whether a medication counts or not. David asks about the ImmunizationRecommendation resource which includes the word status; is that still correct? Lloyd states that is an assessment of the person's immunological status. Each evaluation will have a recommendation. They are aiming to get it split before the comment ballot.
  • Reports
    • Connectathon management (David/Brian)
      • Reviewed the updated IHE-on-FHIR proposal. No unresolved concerns.
      • Reviewed updated Financial Management proposal. Looks good.
      • Reviewed Direct Track issue from FGB. Issue is the first scenario is more targeted/advertising-like than we should have in a Connectathon track. Makes it appear as though this is to test a specific product, rather than open to anybody. Do we want to recommendation a change, and do we want to have a documented policy around this kind of thing saying that tracks should be open to anybody who wishes to bring a product to fill a particular role, and that Connectathon tracks should not be a means of promoting any particular solution? Paul: It's reasonable to have a track about product testing but that should be separate from a generic track. Grahame: DirectOnFHIR is not a trademark that we've approved; that's also an issue. Also don't understand the use case of point 2. Need to make it clear in the use case why they're even mentioning a product, and need to register the product to use the trademark. Need to sharpen the scenario. Paul would eventually like to see the Blues tied in.
        • ACTION: Lloyd to contact track leads to ask them to address the specific issues.
        • Do we want to have a formal policy document around tracks being tied to specific products and/or being used to promote specific products? Discussion over whether or not there is verbiage in the GOM. Should definitely not be used for product promotion, but testing with a particular product during the Connectathon isn't a problem. Don't want it to appear a product is being endorsed; we're only endorsing the Connectathon process. Also don't want to funnel people away from the main activities and dilute the focus. Decision not to draft a policy right now, but keep it in mind for the future
      • Grahame reports that AEGIS brought forth a good candidate for Connectathon management role. Negotiations are ongoing.
    • FGB
      • Nothing further
    • MnM –
      • No report
    • FMG Liaisons
      • No report
    • Ballot Planning
      • Lloyd sending out a reminder today that the freeze is Sunday night for substantive changes and the following Sunday for all other changes.
  • AOB (Any Other Business)
    • Brian Pech notes that EST is rolling out chat.hl7.org for non-FHIR-related topics. Invites are rolling out.
  • Adjourned at 5:11 pm Eastern


Next Steps

Actions (Include Owner, Action Item, and due date)
Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items

2017-12-13 FMG concall


Back to FHIR_Management_Group

© 2017 Health Level Seven® International