This wiki has undergone a migration to Confluence found Here

Difference between revisions of "2017-10-31 TermInfo Project Call"

From HL7Wiki
Jump to navigation Jump to search
(Created page with "Return to TermInfo Project Meeting Agendas and Minutes <br> <!-- LOOK FOR THE APPROPRIATE SECTION ****** TO ENTER INFORMATION--> ==Meeting Information== {|border="1" cellp...")
 
 
(7 intermediate revisions by the same user not shown)
Line 52: Line 52:
 
|colspan="2"| Hausam Consulting LLC
 
|colspan="2"| Hausam Consulting LLC
 
|-
 
|-
| ||  
+
| || Linda Bird
 
|colspan="2"|  
 
|colspan="2"|  
 
|-
 
|-
| ||  
+
| || Yongsheng Gao
 
|colspan="2"|  
 
|colspan="2"|  
 
|-
 
|-
| ||  
+
| || Candy Barth
 
|colspan="2"|  
 
|colspan="2"|  
 
|-
 
|-
| ||  
+
| || Andrew Perry
 
|colspan="2"|  
 
|colspan="2"|  
 
|-
 
|-
| ||  
+
| || Carmela Couderc
 
|colspan="2"|  
 
|colspan="2"|  
 +
|-
 +
| || YanYan Hu
 +
|colspan="2"| TJC
 
|-
 
|-
 
|colspan="4" style="background:#f0f0f0;"|
 
|colspan="4" style="background:#f0f0f0;"|
Line 96: Line 99:
 
*'''Minutes''' (as available)
 
*'''Minutes''' (as available)
 
*'''Review action items''' (send any updates in advance!)
 
*'''Review action items''' (send any updates in advance!)
 +
**Update TermInfo Wiki and HL7 TermInfo project site information
 +
*'''Time change in Europe and US this week and next
  
Peter asked about the San Diego discussion on the FHIR Vital Signs profile and issues of required LOINC coding.  Rob gave an overview of the discussion at the WGM.  OO and FHIR are planning to continue with the Vital Signs profile as previously proposed.  The Health Care Devices WG seems to be more amenable to this now, including the LOINC coding requirement.  The devices themselves are not expected to provide the LOINC code, but this should be done by the time the data hits a FHIR endpoint.  This coding can be done in the gateway software (Brian Reinhold has already coded this).  The gateway software can include the LOINC mappings for known devices at the time of release, and will plan to add a code for "unknown" for new devices that the gateway software does not recognize.  Showed the 11073 codes in the NIST RTM Rosetta tool: https://rtmms.nist.gov/rtmms/index.htm#!home
+
Will stay with UTC time.
 
 
Linda asked for thoughts about the mandatory LOINC codes for the vital signs.  Daniel said this is a struggle for non-LOINC using countries - there is no support for those LOINC codes.  Rob suggested gathering documentation of the issues that people are having with this.  Peter suggested they would consider these as "key patient indicators".  A FHIR tracker has been submitted for a "patient characteristics" profile - this includes blood type (not recalling the other items).  So there may be additional required profiles in the future.
 
 
 
HL7 via the HTA has decided not to pursue the submission of concepts for the SNOMED CT "free set".  The Internation Patient Ssummary (IPS) submission was felt by SNOMED Int. to be too large, and the process is felt by HTA to at present be unworkable.
 
 
 
Linda: Mandating LOINC could be for US realm.  Rob: FHIR is attempting to achieve international interoperability with this limited set of vital signs data.  Sharing may be by patients, on mobile devices. Daniel:
 
 
 
FHIR profiling discussion
 
  
**Update TermInfo Wiki and HL7 TermInfo project site information - some progress being made
+
*'''New plans for the TermInfo project and the SNOMED CT - FHIR collaboration with SNOMED International'''
*'''Update on status of SNOMED CT - FHIR collaboration'''
+
**Fresh start on the work jointly with HL7 and SNOMED Int., with resources (ideally day job) from SNOMED member community
**No expectation now of funding from NLM for HL7 work
+
***"Re-brand" as SNOMED on FHIR?
**Planned meeting in Bratislava
+
***Meeting "co-chairs" from both groups
*'''Updates from San Diego WGM'''
+
***Likely will want to have additional small task-focused subgroups
**No TermInfo quarter (no available time and no remote access on Monday Q4)
+
**New joint communication channel with cross-posting between HL7 FHIR Zulip chat (chat.fhir.org) and SNOMED chat (chat.snomedtools.org)
*'''Interoperability Issues using code value pairs in FHIR'''
+
**Manage project documents (e.g. agendas, minutes, etc.) in Confluence (both for HL7 and SNOMED Int.)
**Item from OO on guidance for use of Observation code and value
+
*'''Publication request to extend TermInfo CDA R2 STU
***[[GF11318_guidance.txt.rh.html]]
 
***Are the bindings correct?
 
***What about case #3 for "value omitted"
 
****Should allow or disallow?
 
****Require dataAbsentReason?
 
***Include this as part of the TermInfo FHIR SNOMED CT profile?
 
*'''Questions from Andrew and Linda'''
 
*'''FHIR SNOMED CT profile/IG'''
 
**Initial draft attempt at profile in Forge
 
**Review and continue to develop
 
**SNOMED profile
 
***Linda - consider mandating SNOMED in code plus additional terminologies (i.e. LOINC)
 
 
<br>
 
<br>
 
*Future item: Review and update TermInfo PSS
 
*Future item: Review and update TermInfo PSS
 
 
Action:
 
investigate profile capabilities for multiple bindings and/or slicing on code system
 
*tooling vs. specification capabilities
 
*can binding strength be specified using the profile tooling?
 
*how will we collaborate on the profile in terms of multiple vs. single author
 
*GitHub? how to set up
 
*do we need a Forge and spreadsheet strategy - one or both?
 
 
Note: SNOMED CT FHIR meeting in Bratislava - Tuesday 17 October 9:00 - 12:00
 
  
 
==Supporting Information==
 
==Supporting Information==

Latest revision as of 20:20, 31 October 2017

Return to TermInfo Project Meeting Agendas and Minutes

Meeting Information

TermInfo Project Conference Call

Web meeting (phone number are available for call-in if needed):

https://snomed.zoom.us/my/snomedhl7

Date: 2017-10-31
Time: 4:00-5:00pm ET (20:00-21:00 UTC)
Chair Rob Hausam Scribe Rob Hausam
Attendee Name Affiliation


Rob Hausam Hausam Consulting LLC
Linda Bird
Yongsheng Gao
Candy Barth
Andrew Perry
Carmela Couderc
YanYan Hu TJC

Apologies:


Agenda

Agenda Topics

  • Announcements
  • Agenda review
  • Minutes (as available)
  • Review action items (send any updates in advance!)
    • Update TermInfo Wiki and HL7 TermInfo project site information
  • Time change in Europe and US this week and next

Will stay with UTC time.

  • New plans for the TermInfo project and the SNOMED CT - FHIR collaboration with SNOMED International
    • Fresh start on the work jointly with HL7 and SNOMED Int., with resources (ideally day job) from SNOMED member community
      • "Re-brand" as SNOMED on FHIR?
      • Meeting "co-chairs" from both groups
      • Likely will want to have additional small task-focused subgroups
    • New joint communication channel with cross-posting between HL7 FHIR Zulip chat (chat.fhir.org) and SNOMED chat (chat.snomedtools.org)
    • Manage project documents (e.g. agendas, minutes, etc.) in Confluence (both for HL7 and SNOMED Int.)
  • Publication request to extend TermInfo CDA R2 STU


  • Future item: Review and update TermInfo PSS

Supporting Information

Minutes

Prior Action Item Follow-up

Adjourn

Adjourned at hh:mm am/pm Eastern (hh:mm UTC).

Meeting Outcomes

Actions
Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items
  1. Agenda review
  2. Approve previous meeting minutes

© 2012 Health Level Seven® International. All rights reserved.