2017-09 12 PA WGM Minutes

From HL7Wiki
Revision as of 18:27, 26 September 2017 by Ajdeleon7 (talk | contribs) (→‎Minutes)
(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)
Jump to navigation Jump to search


Return to: WGM Minutes > 2017 > Sept San Diego

Patient Administration Work Group Meeting - Tuesday September 12, 2017

Tuesday Q1

HL7 Patient Administration Meeting Minutes

Location: Hyatt Regency, La Jolla, CA Studio Suite 410

Date: 2017-09-12
Time: Tuesday Q1
Facilitator Line Saele Scribe Alexander de Leon
Attendee Name Affiliation
X Line Saele Helse Vest IKT Norway
X Brian Postlethwaite HealthConnex, Australia
X Alex de Leon Kaiser Permanente, USA
X
Quorum Requirements Met (Chair + 2 members): Yes

Agenda

Agenda Topics

  1. Coordination with FHIR Infrastructure

Supporting Documents

Minutes

Minutes/Conclusions Reached:
Introductions

The WG presented the FHIR Ballot Prep website. http://wiki.hl7.org/index.php?itle-FHIR_Ballot_Prep

Ewout representing FHIR infrastructure discussed with the WG the different ballot process for FHIR artifacts.

He suggested to review this URL since it has milestones and timelines.

Brian noted that Datatypes should be included in the normative, since there are artifacts such as those that define/use ML, RESTful API, etc. since if these change, it is an impact to FHIR usage globally.

The WG discussed potential additions to the Priorities section. Organization seemed like a good candidate, but Brian noted that the organizational hierarchy has yet to be fully detailed out.

The WG looked at the 3 conceptual templates for Definition, Request and Event that can be used for resources that fit into these concepts.

There is a new list of quality criteria included in the URL that should be reviewed by the WG.

The WG discussed the tracker items and to consider which items (out of the current untriaged 44) can be discussed on telecons and which should be reserved for face-to-face discussions at a WGM. Irma suggested putting those items that should be discussed in person on the WGM agenda items.

Irma suggested that the WG identify tracker items that have vocabulary items for which our facilitator (Nancy) should be present.

The WG reviewed the milestone dates on the ballot preparation URL.

Brian asked if it was possible to change those artifacts that have historically been “frozen”.

The WG discussed the V2 to FHIR mapping. Kevan Riley from Inform has done some work to do this mapping but expressed some challenges with this. The most basic difference is that v2 is event-based while FHIR is more focused on data. Alex, who spoke about efforts within Kaiser Permanente to do just this, lost steam after encountering similar challenges, especially when financial management elements led to joint sessions with FM on concepts normally conveyed in an ADT message. Since Kaiser typically interfaces internally, there were no strong use cases for moving forward with FHIR/v2 mapping.


Meeting Outcomes

Actions (Include Owner, Action Item, and due date)
  • Action Item:

Owner: , Due:

Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items
  • .

Tuesday Q2

HL7 Patient Administration Meeting Minutes

Location: Hyatt Regency, La Jolla, CA, USA, Studio Suite 410

Date: 2017-09-12
Time: Tuesday Q2
Facilitator Line Saele Scribe Alex de Leon
Attendee Name Affiliation
X Line Saele Helse Vest IKT Norway
X Brian Postlethwaite HealthConnex, Australia
X Alex de Leon Kaiser Permanente, USA
Quorum Requirements Met (Chair + 2 members): Yes

Agenda

Agenda Topics

  1. FHIR R4 ChargeItem review

Supporting Documents

Minutes

Minutes/Conclusions Reached:
The WG reviewed the Charge Item Action: Request adding charge item as a resource in GFORGE. Assigned: Brian Requesting organization and performing organization. There was a suggestion as to whether performingUnit, or something conceptually similar should be included. The WG discussed the performingOrganization and requestingOrganization and how these relate, should/should not be included in the charge item. The WG continued and discussed the various charge item scenarios and how the current elements would support each and perhaps all scenarios.
http://build.fhir.org/chargeitem.html
Simone had built the model based on use cases from one organization. She was soliciting feedback.
Action: Create a tracker item to add the concept of cost center to chargeItem. Assigned: Cooper.
Simone will bring more examples to the work group to support global use of charge item.

The WG discussed the references for subject. A motion was made by Simone to accept the addition of a new property to the Account resource permitting the linkage of accounts and remove the current balance element. Seconded by Cooper seconds. partOf 0…1 ResourceReference(Account)
Discussion: None Vote (for/against/abstain): 11/0/2







Meeting Outcomes

Actions (Include Owner, Action Item, and due date)
  • .
Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items
  • .

Tuesday Q3

HL7 Patient Administration Meeting Minutes

Location: Hyatt Regency, Baltimore, MD, Guest Room# 603

Date: 2017-09-12
Time: Tuesday Q3
Facilitator Line Saele Scribe Alex de Leon
Attendee Name Affiliation
X Line Saele Helse Vest IKT Norway
X Brian Postlethwaite HealthConnex, Australia
X Alex de Leon Kaiser Permanente, USA
Quorum Requirements Met (Chair + 2 members): Yes/No

Agenda

Agenda Topics

  1. Scheduling Resources/Service joint joint meeting with SOA

Supporting Documents

Minutes

Minutes/Conclusions Reached:

Cooper presenting the Argonaut project http://build.fhir.org/ig/argonautproject/scheduling/
Operations: Appt Book Appt Availability ($find)
Scope:
- Provider facing: provider booking appt
- Patiënt facing: patiënt booking appt

The following suggestions were made during the meeting:
- Referencing an order as a input parameter with all kind of relevant scheduling info would support scheduling of specific procedures.
- For rebooking or cancelling it would be good to reference the original appointment, so that should be a parameter as well.
- To add Urgency (and/or priority) as input parameter.
Concerns how to develop the functional model: within the Argonaut project or within the HL7 WGs

The joint work groups reviewed the Appointments$find operation. The vocabulary was considered, for instance service-type.

The work groups discussed the interactions and use case. Procedure based appointments from a patient perspective was considered as opposed to the provider perspective of finding and making an appointment. The use case where I might want to find an existing appointment was considered as well.

The WG discussed urgent, priority and what determinations are clinical concepts and which are administrative or business decisions (e.g. priority).

The WG discussed the value of a cross-SDO 0service functional model between HL7 and OMG would be of value.
THe WG reviewed the HL7 Scheduling Service PSS Forma RC1.docm PSS

<<Insert PSS here>>

It became clear that this PSS will need to be updated.

Meeting Outcomes

Actions (Include Owner, Action Item, and due date)
  • .
Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items
  • .

Tuesday Q4

HL7 Patient Administration Meeting Minutes

Location: Hyatt Regency, Baltimore, MD, Guest Room #603

Date: 2017-09-12
Time: Tuesday Q4
Facilitator Line Saele Scribe Alex de Leon
Attendee Name Affiliation
X Line Saele Helse Vest IKT Norway
X Brian Postlethwaite HealthConnex, Australia
X Alex de Leon Kaiser Permanente, USA
Quorum Requirements Met (Chair + 3 members): Yes

Agenda

Agenda Topics

  1. Approve Madrid Minutes
  1. Plan next meeting
  2. Updates from the Steering Division
  3. Harmonization proposals
  4. v2 work

Supporting Documents

  • Go To Monday Madrid Minutes
  • Go To Tuesday Madrid Minutes
  • Go To Wednesday Madrid Minutes
  • Go To Thursday Madrid Minutes
  • Draft Agenda

Minutes

Minutes/Conclusions Reached:


Meeting Outcomes

Actions (Include Owner, Action Item, and due date)
Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items
  • .

Navigation

© 2007-2017 Health Level Seven® International. All rights reserved. Patient Administration – Tuesday, September 12, 2017