2017-09-11 PA WGM Minutes

From HL7Wiki
Revision as of 15:15, 1 February 2018 by Line (talk | contribs) (→‎Navigation)
(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)
Jump to navigation Jump to search


Return to: WGM Minutes > 2017 > Sept San Diego

Patient Administration Work Group Meeting - Monday September 11, 2017

Monday Q3

HL7 Patient Administration Meeting Minutes

Location: Hyatt Regency, La Jolla, California, USA, Studio Suite 410

Date: 2017-09-11
Time: Monday Q3
Facilitator Line Saele Scribe Alex de Leon
Attendee Name Affiliation
X Line Saele Nasjonal IKT HF, Norway
X Brian Postlethwaite HealthConnex, Australia
X Alexander de Leon Kaiser Permanente, USA
X Cooper Thompson EPIC, USA
X Adam Culbertson HIMSS
X Andrew Torres Cerner, USA
X Christian Hay GS1
Quorum Requirements Met (Chair + 2 members): yes

Agenda

Agenda Topics

  1. Welcome/Introductions

Welcome and introductions

  1. Approve agenda
  2. Review PA mission & charter
  3. Review PA decision making practice
  4. Review PA 3-year work plan
  5. Review SWOT
  6. HAVE project

Supporting Documents

Minutes

Minutes/Conclusions Reached:

  • Welcome/Introductions


The wg reviewed the agenda. Brian stated that there was a request to include US Core FHIR PSS. Updating US core material to v3.

Irma stated that there might be an opportunity to include the latest topic. Occupational Data for Health. This was included in Tuesday Q4. Where v2 work was to be discussed.

Irma moves to approve the agenda. Brian seconds.
Vote (for against/abstain): 8/0/0

The WG discussed the Mission and Charter due to interest from the steering division. The WG reviewed the text and considered the text to be accurate to the work that is being done here.

The DMP was also considered and considered to be accurate.

The WG considered and updated the SWOT which was updated.

A motion was made by Brian to accept the changes to the SWOT, seconded by Irma. Discussion: None Vote (for/against/abstain): 9/0/0
The WG then reviewed the 3 year work plan. Updates were made however more will be made on Thursday when the current work is defined/reviewed.

The WG continued with the HAVE project as per the agenda. Elysa Jones presented the HAVE project.

Scott Robertson explained the difference between this project’s TEP specifications which is about patient data discovered by first responders in the field that map into HL7-aware systems. This mapping was done in that specification. The HAVE effort is more about the resource systems sending to the emergency management organization systems what resources are available within their systems. Therefore the work here is to use the HAVE requirements and the HL7 concepts to help determine the data needed to be “served up” by the resource systems in emergency response situations.

January 2018 ballot is the target for this. This public review for 30 days. The WG agreed to give time to the project to share during telecons. Scott Robertson is serving as the HL7 laison to help the project identify related concepts within HL7 that support the HAVE specification needs.


<<Include PPT, Document in minutes>>


Meeting Outcomes

Actions (Include Owner, Action Item, and due date)
  • Action:

Owner: ?? Due: ??

Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items
  • .

Monday Q4

HL7 Patient Administration Meeting Minutes

Location: Hyatt Regency, La Jolla, California, USA, Room # 603

Date: 2015-05-11
Time: Monday Q4
Facilitator Brian Postlethwaite Scribe Alex de Leon
Attendee Name Affiliation
X Line Saele Nasjonal IKT HF, Norway
X Brian Postlethwaite Health Connex, Australia
X Alexander de Leon Kaiser Permanente, USA
X Cooper Thompson EPIC, USA
X Michelle Miller Cerner, USA
X Andrew Torres Cerner, USA
X Ken Rubin VA, USA
X Adam Culbertson HIMSS
Quorum Requirements Met (Chair + 2 members): Yes

Agenda

Agenda Topics

  • Ballot reconciliation FHIR STU3 (Scheduling Resources)

Supporting Documents

Minutes

Minutes/Conclusions Reached:
Introductions

Brett Marquard reviewed the PSS for the FHIR US Core work. This was presented for the PAWG to approve since some of this work will affect some FHIR concepts within PAWG scope.
Alex asked about the updates (based on the SWOT review). Brett agreed to request time on the PA telecon when the draft is done, especially if practitioner and/or encounter are updated.
Irma moved to accept the PSS. Alex seconded.
Vote (for/against/abstain): 11/0/1

The WG then continued on with FHIR scheduling. Cooper proposed we review the concectathon and the Argonaut efforts around scheduling. Connectathon didn’t have any participants for this effort, but some participants created clients to test with. In the connecthon the focus was the Argonaut effort to expose the appointment availability. Irma clarified that this was querying based on available resources. It also includes certain criteria (appointment type, gender appropriateness, etc.) a

Cooper showed an interaction diagram that shows the basic interactions defined.
The WG reviewed some of the interactions and discussed the patient creation, inquiry, etc., while patient booking of appointments.

<<insert interaction diagram>>
The WG discussed the patient preferences versus the urgency of an individual appointment. Patient preferences could define preferred times/days while urgency should override that. This lead to patient level concepts versus appointment level concepts.

The WG discussed the code sets for inputs. This is something that needs more work to define. Cooper considered whether Healthcare service and practitioner role should be the value sets to focus on. The WG discussed visit type and that this should have a short (10?) the semantics of which are agreed upon, and build on that. After much discussion, it became clear that the effort should focus on a limited list with limited scope by excluding modifiers to the visit type and build from that .

Prefetch versus pub/sub. The WG discussed documenting this for available appointment slots. The WG then discussed some design considerations. The PAWG was in favor of pub-sub for exposing availablitiy for pre fetch. Also the effort needs to determine if the desing shoudlinclud $find.

The WG will continue the scheduling discussion during Tuesday Q3.

Meeting Outcomes

Actions (Include Owner, Action Item, and due date)
  • Action:

Owner: ???, Due: ???

Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items
  • .

Navigation

© 2007-2017 Health Level Seven® International. All rights reserved.Patient Administration – Monday, September 11, 2017