2017-08-23 SGB Conference Call

From HL7Wiki
Revision as of 14:45, 23 August 2017 by Llaakso (talk | contribs)
Jump to navigation Jump to search

back to Standards Governance Board main page

HL7 SGB Minutes

Location:
https://global.gotomeeting.com/join/538465637

Date: 2017-08-23
Time: 10:00 AM Eastern
Facilitator Paul/Calvin Note taker(s) Lynn
Attendee Name


x Calvin Beebe
regrets Lorraine Constable
Russ Hamm
x Tony Julian
x Paul Knapp
Austin Kreisler
Wayne Kubick
x Thom Kuhn
Ken McCaslin
Rik Smithies
x Sandy Stuart
Quorum: Chair + 4

Agenda

  • Agenda review
  • Approve Minutes of 2017-08-16_SGB_Conference_Call
  • Action Items
    • All to review tooling document and tooling inventory
    • Paul to reach out to EST cochairs regarding meeting on Friday in San Diego
    • Anne to coordinate DJ and Laura calling in on Friday Q2 meeting
    • Add advisory/executive management discussion to PLA agenda on Friday and joint FGB/SGB session agenda
  • Discussion Topics
  • Parking Lot
    • Paul to finish detailed list of 23 items for FHIR ballot that were approved by WG to be STUs
    • Paul to draft a precept on state machine alignment
    • Paul to find principles document and write precept on mixed ballot content
    • Draft precept on use of new tools/coordinate with Wayne
    • Review Publishing M&C updates regarding dual roles
    • Write/post precept on vitality assessment
    • Next steps on Substantivity (from ARB)
    • How do we deal with making sure that WGs involve those whose content domain they’re touching? (CIMI and Pharmacy and Lab models)
    • Review Mission and Charter
    • PSS approval process: managing unresponsive parties - propose new precept to TSC
    • Handling situations where two documents come out of one project
    • FHIR Product Director Position Description: we should 1) review further and draft feedback, then 2) map back the description to the role of FGB
    • Drafting Shared Product Management Responsibilities
    • Vocabulary precepts
    • General precepts
      • Precept around training WGs in CDA methodology and management principles
    • Levels of standards
    • Separation of concerns
    • Ownership of content
    • ISM
    • Ask methodology groups to define how the definition of substantive change applies to their product family; management groups must then operationalize
  • Agenda items for San Diego
    • Re-appointments to SGB


Minutes

  • Agenda review -
  • Approve Minutes of 2017-08-16_SGB_Conference_Call - Thom/Tony moved and seconded, unanimously approved
  • Action Items
    • All to review tooling document and tooling inventory - product families should provide tooling requirements; need to offer guidance in support of that; some discussion ensued. Need to maintain governance perspective and not get into management.
    • Paul to reach out to EST cochairs regarding meeting on Friday in San Diego - has not yet done that
    • Anne to coordinate DJ and Laura calling in on Friday Q2 meeting
    • Add advisory/executive management discussion to PLA agenda on Friday and joint FGB/SGB session agenda -
      • pursuant to continuing the FGB group; the work that FGB has been doing is not considered sufficiently governance-related. There may be a need for an FHIR advisory/executive body over the management group. When the group has become more steady-state such a need would abate. Need to touch base with Wayne and Grahame. Also should introduce the topic to PLA as well. Call scheduled for the 25th; Paul will reach out.
      • Also Need to clarify roles with respect to PLA as well.
  • Discussion Topics
  • Parking Lot
    • Paul to finish detailed list of 23 items for FHIR ballot that were approved by WG to be STUs
    • Paul to draft a precept on state machine alignment
    • Paul to find principles document and write precept on mixed ballot content
    • Draft precept on use of new tools/coordinate with Wayne
    • Review Publishing M&C updates regarding dual roles
    • Write/post precept on vitality assessment
    • Next steps on Substantivity (from ARB)
    • How do we deal with making sure that WGs involve those whose content domain they’re touching? (CIMI and Pharmacy and Lab models)
    • Review Mission and Charter
    • PSS approval process: managing unresponsive parties - propose new precept to TSC
    • Handling situations where two documents come out of one project
    • FHIR Product Director Position Description: we should 1) review further and draft feedback, then 2) map back the description to the role of FGB
    • Drafting Shared Product Management Responsibilities
    • Vocabulary precepts
    • General precepts
      • Precept around training WGs in CDA methodology and management principles
    • Levels of standards
    • Separation of concerns
    • Ownership of content
    • ISM
    • Ask methodology groups to define how the definition of substantive change applies to their product family; management groups must then operationalize
  • Agenda items for San Diego
    • Re-appointments to SGB


Meeting Outcomes

Actions
Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items

© 2017 Health Level Seven® International. All rights reserved