2017-04-14 Learning Health Systems Call
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Facilitator||Russell Leftwich||Note taker(s)||Michelle Miller|
|John Roberts||Tennessee Department of Health|
|Asim Muhammad||Philips Research Europe|
|Laura Heermann-Langford||Intermountain Healthcare|
|Chris Melo||Phillips Healthcare|
|X||Benjamin Kummer||Columbia University|
- Chair: Russell Leftwich
- Scribe: Michelle Miller
- Motion to approve previous call minutes, 2017-04-07_Learning_Health_Systems_Call: Stephen/Lisa Nelson
- Stephen reviewed Care_Plan-Care_Team_WIP_Value_Sets_2017-04-07.xlsx, specifically the "CP.category-Domain" tab
- Lisa said that the green tabs are focused on CarePlan categorization whereas blue tabs are focused on CareTeam categorization
- Lisa's hypothesis was that the categorizations may be similar between CareTeam and CarePlan (e.g. focus, domain, nature, setting) - and Russ agreed and thought maybe CarePlan might be more specific than CareTeam
- Michelle said that the Cerner examples manifest as CareTeam.participant.roles, not categories at the broader level
- Discussion about specificity needed within "CP.category-Domain" -- Stephen felt some were too specific whereas Lisa suggested we start with the full list because we can always roll up to a higher level (e.g. using SNOMED hierarchy), but if we only support higher level terms then we can't get more specific.
- It's only an example binding, so implementers aren't forced to use it, nor constrained by it. We just want to put something out there for implementer feedback.
- Conclusion: On the "CP.category-Domain" tab -- May not need Column C (CarePlan.category - Level 2) - focus on Column B (CarePlan.category - Level 1)
- Lisa created CareTeam CCDA section / visualizations
- Multiple care teams for a single patient in the section
- If the participant is an org, then only org attributes will be populated
- Need a Document (section) LOINC code we can use in CDA to encode the Care Team section that we are making to align with all this work. We have our first examples coming out of the CDA Examples Task force, but we need the LOINC code for the section to complete them.
- Motion by Stephen/Lisa Nelson to support requesting LOINC code for: "This section includes the teams involved in this person's care. Each team includes the people or organizations who are participating or are intended to participate in the coordination and delivery of care for the person" 6-0-0
- CareTeam scope
- Current scope says "The Care Team includes all the people and organizations who plan to participate in the coordination and delivery of care for a patient"
- CareTeam should include both those "who are participating or intended to participate" -- will need to sync with Patient Admin
- Adjourned 5:01pm Eastern